*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Conversion DCIV to second row Tourney seats

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Re: Conversion DCIV to second row Tourney seats

Postby richbee » Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:39 pm

S60r wrote:The tourneo doesn't have the load area... I think if you have a ton of gear in the bay and have a front impact, the load wants to intrude into the seated area at pace.... the folding seats wouldn't allow for the rear passengers to be protected. Pretty sure that's what I was told.... the VW has folding seats and only gets 4 I think... I too would like the seats to fold ideally... I would use that space more often than having the seats occupied I think.

Guess that makes sense - if you have a bulkhead, no point in having folding seats. If you really want to carry heavy loads + people - DCIV.
If you want to carry people & general stuff & bikes, and sometimes need loads of space - VW Kombi.

Unfortunately the Ford Kombi / Tourneo 8/9 seater is just not an option due to the insurance.....but that's another thread!

I'm now wondering about trying to justify the extra cost of a VW (sorry for swearing on a Transit forum!) - tho' in lots of ways would prefer a Custom - not too keen on chopping about a new van
richbee
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby S60r » Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:28 pm

thedugmaster wrote:
S60r wrote:The tourneo doesn't have the load area... I think if you have a ton of gear in the bay and have a front impact, the load wants to intrude into the seated area at pace.... the folding seats wouldn't allow for the rear passengers to be protected. Pretty sure that's what I was told.... the VW has folding seats and only gets 4 I think... I too would like the seats to fold ideally... I would use that space more often than having the seats occupied I think.

I've got a 9 seat Tourneo Custom and I can tell you that the seats are more than adequate to stop loads moving forwards from the back - they are hugely solid and well made.

You're slightly missing my point dug master.... it doesn't really matter how strong you think the seats are... it matters how NCAP rate them in a crash. I'm sure the seats are great but the point was to give an idea as to why they don't fold in the DCIV and was not in any way derogatory to a Tourneo.
S60r
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby S60r » Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:31 pm

richbee wrote:

Guess that makes sense - if you have a bulkhead, no point in having folding seats. If you really want to carry heavy loads + people - DCIV.
If you want to carry people & general stuff & bikes, and sometimes need loads of space - VW Kombi.

Unfortunately the Ford Kombi / Tourneo 8/9 seater is just not an option due to the insurance.....but that's another thread!

I'm now wondering about trying to justify the extra cost of a VW (sorry for swearing on a Transit forum!) - tho' in lots of ways would prefer a Custom - not too keen on chopping about a new van

I looked at the VW and its just so "old school" compared to the custom. No heated seat, auto lights no DAB no heated screen (handy today) Rain sensors... etc. Lots more toys for less money made sense to me.
S60r
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby se7en » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:36 pm

Tourneo seats will not go straight into DCIV seat mountings, all the answers are in this posting, if you read it from the start all your questions have already been answered.
se7en
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Spencey » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:43 pm

Wow, ok, thanks for the help. So that's a no without a load of fabrication.
Using Tapatalk
Spencey
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby vanvliet » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:11 pm

Look at this website for some ideas. Bonded floor and full length rails are the way to go for maximim flexibility :D
http://auto-campers.co.uk
vanvliet
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby se7en » Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:10 am

Here you are mfoobar , read this post , it may answer your questions, if not, search "tourneo seats" in the search box.
se7en
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Previous

Return to Transit Custom