*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Conversion DCIV to second row Tourney seats

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Re: Conversion DCIV to second row Tourney seats

Postby yasser » Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:00 pm

A titanium set of 3 seats have just gone (yesterday) on ebay complete with floor fixings for £675 to give you a guide.
310 DCiV L2 Limited 155
yasser
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Derbymark » Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:07 pm

Just bought some for £450 brand new from Vandemon of Ebay with fixings and floor mounts :-)
Derbymark
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby se7en » Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:56 am

New seats do come up from time to time on ebay, there are a few company's converting new Tourneo's into taxi's , and disabled taxi/ambulance's , and the second row seats get sold off, just keep looking, some will come up.
se7en
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby yasser » Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:12 am

If anyone is interested, I have just seen these on ebay.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Folding-Remov ... 3cfda660c8
310 DCiV L2 Limited 155
yasser
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby yasser » Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:28 pm

se7en wrote:I have done the conversion to my van, there is quite a lot to do, its not just unbolt one seat and bolt another one in, the seat fixings are very important, they take all the energy from the seat belts in the event of an accident,

Hi se7en, can I pm you regarding this conversion. thanks
310 DCiV L2 Limited 155
yasser
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby se7en » Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:08 pm

Yes thats O.K. I may not reply straight away,I'm a bit tied up over the week end.
se7en
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby aerial copters » Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:25 pm

Hi, im just looking at DCIV, can,t make my mind up between a swb or a lwb, though leaning towards the LWB, can I take out just 1 of the rear seats, leaving 2 so then creating a walk wayfrom the side door into the back.
aerial copters
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby se7en » Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:54 pm

DCIV rear seat is one large bench seat, so no you can't, Tourneo rear seat is a double and a single, so yes you can...!!
se7en
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby kulataz » Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:54 pm

I added a set of Tourneo seats to my standard van. I got the seats from a very nice man

You will have you be very careful measuring and you will need to drop the tank but thats very easy. I also had to make up crush tubes to go through the chassis and flat plates on the outside of them. The single seat is OK but the double is hefty, I can JUST lift it myself.

They are very comfortable and flexible seating, well worth the sheckles
kulataz
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby SSC! » Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:42 pm

Hi se7en,

Can I ask, would your bulkhead fit with the new seats in? I've just bought a set of seats for my DCiV LTD but was planning keeping the bulkhead for when I sell it on. If it didn't fit I would sell and get the guy lining my van to do more instead.

Also, the size of bolts for your seats, my local ford guys were not sure about the bolts but thought it might be M12 x 14mm I would need as the seats I'm getting won't have the bolts can you remember if yours were same.

Thanks,

Avril
Don't follow me, I'm crazy........ and lost!!!
SSC!
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby se7en » Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:02 pm

If you fit the seats in the correct location as per the ford manual , no you can't keep the bulkhead, with regards bolts, they are M12, but how long they need to be will depend no how they are reinforcing the floor. I know that some vans have all the fixing points already in the the floor, and others don't, read Kulataz post a couple back
se7en
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby SSC! » Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:55 pm

se7en wrote:If you fit the seats in the correct location as per the ford manual , no you can't keep the bulkhead, with regards bolts, they are M12, but how long they need to be will depend no how they are reinforcing the floor. I know that some vans have all the fixing points already in the the floor, and others don't, read Kulataz post a couple back

Aahh, why don't they make things easy! Thanks, will pass on info to mechanic doing job. Did you remove the trim that hold on the bulkhead? And if so how? Your van looks better with the trim but I'm only lining mine (unless I find a trim on eBay lol).
SSC!
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby se7en » Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:04 pm

I had to removed the brackets that were spot welded in as they fouled the new side panels, but if you are only lining it you can leave them in, if you wish to remove them just drill out the spot welds.
se7en
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby SSC! » Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:16 pm

Hmmm, I like the way yours in finished off but with mine being a LWB I might struggle to find a trim. Thanks for all the advice tho. Appreciated.
SSC!
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Bobbo1 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:51 pm

se7en

I have been reading you conversion with interest i am trying to do something similar to my van i have just put a post up, copy below, would you mind looking at it & giving me your adivce please.

Transit Custom 270 Ltd Van conversion to campervan ish
Post a reply

3 posts • Page 1 of 1
Transit Custom 270 Ltd Van conversion to campervan ish
Postby Bobbo1 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:09 pm

Hi everyone just signed up to the forum and am looking for some advice on converting my 3 seater transit custom 270 ltd to a six seater, basically i have got hold of the tourneo custom seats & footplates, i have taken out my load liner hoping to find the positions that the seats fit into when placed in a tourneo custom, no dice i am afraid !! Despite Ford using lean manufacturing methods they didn't put the bolt holes or bolt studs in. I have now found through extensive research the actual positions i need to drill into the floor to bolt the seats down to replicate the tourneo positions. (Question ) the footplates if bolted in place will stand proud of my load liner as there depth is 35mm this difference could be made up with plywood of course, but i wondering if there is more to it, has anyone lifted a tourneo floor up ? can you tell me if there is any additional steel reinforcement or just a wedge blocks? If anyone owns a Tourneo can you tell me if there is any additional steel platting under the van were the seat bolts come through. Any advice would be welcome, i will make this a full blown camper van one day but for the moment just need to stick the seats & glass in. :D
Bobbo1
Bobbo1
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

PreviousNext

Return to Transit Custom