*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

2013 Custom Issues

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

2013 Custom Issues

Postby smiff » Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:13 am

Hi

I have done some quick searches and seen there are a number of problems with come Custom's, here's mine;

I have had a number of electrical issues with my Custom. Started with the Start/Stop not restarting the van. An earth wire was changed.

Then had brake pad wear sensor, changed pads still had the warning of wear. After 2 or 3 trips to Plaistow (Where van was purchased) diagnosed ABS mod failure. Had the whole wiring loom in the van changed.

Since this has been changed the Start/Stop fault has returned but more worrying is shown in this video;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcx_Hg-fzOY

Happens on the move, it jumps (as if a miss fire or something) about and comes up with various messages like "Immobiliser Malfunction/Engine management/ABS Failure Service Required". All warning lights on dash come on display shows -------- and speedo reads zero.

The ECO button then doesn't allow the function to be turned back off;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCD9YIGwxfI

Plaistow cant diagnose a fault as its intermittent, not happened whilst they have had it and not showing any fault codes.

Not sure where I go from here? Is it worth going to Ford UK customer Relations or something?

Any help appreciated and sorry if I just haven't search forum enough, which I will continue to do this morning..
smiff

Re: 2013 Custom Issues

Postby loot » Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:00 am

My mk7 developed a fault which made it brake on its own, when i stopped it and did a code read on my ids there was non (requires key cycle) i left ids on and drove again and the esp light came on as expected, i did something a bit naughty which was left it running and did a fault code read, it came up with my rear tail lamps grounded, i disconnected my bypass relay and it has been back to normal since 8)

Imo if you bought it from them and they say they can't find the problem then they should road test it to see the problem.
It may well be a loose wire or something.

Problem is, they'll probably have it in as a non profit job so won't prioritise getting it fixed and as we know, it may be there for a loooooooong time :-(
56 350 2.2 130ps mk7 with 2 side doors 8)
65 290 2.2 125ps custom with 2 side doors 8)
07 350 170ps
Ids v86 licence + v86.04 update + xprog here
Ids map here
loot
Site Moderator

Postby smiff » Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:38 am

Thanks for reply mate. I have restarted it a couple of times to get it running correctly but had a couple of times the immobiliser stops it turning over.

Wondering if I should just px back to them for another new one and just hope I dont get another problem one! Think it has 2 years left on 4 year finance deal, so guess its just if the finance can be settled early
smiff

Postby smiff » Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:50 am

Just to update my own thread, in case anyone has any information that might help. I am still having issues with my Custom. Have a Ford CRC case open, for what good it has done.

I have purchased an OBD2 Bluetooth device and when the fault occurs I get the following;

Current Fault Log
------------------
ECU reports no current faults

Pending Fault Log
------------------
U0121: null

Google search seems to indicated ABS module. I have already had the wiring loom changed, guess I need another!
smiff

Postby sezyal » Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:27 pm

You have some serious stuff. I never had that but I heard one custom which they replaced all wiring due to some electrical issues.
2014 Tourneo Custom 155 SWB Titanium Plus
Stratosphere Blue
+18" Sport Wheels
+HID Kit
sezyal
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby adventure vans » Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:49 pm

did you ever get to the bottom of this problem?
adventure vans

Return to Transit Custom