*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Awnings

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Awnings

Postby Chawnz » Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:52 pm

Anyone found a decent awning for the custom?
Chawnz
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: Awnings

Postby moley551 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:15 am

I was looking for an awning to use for work, the fimma f45 type are not recommended for use in wet weather, although I've seen lots used as rain shelters? I found a company called Broard View Awnings they make shelters for mobile detailers etc.
They have a wide range of heavy duty and light duty shelters also sunshades, I was looking at a 3m x 2.5m light duty one it looks similar to the f45 quoted about £450......I've had various problems with the van and just not got round to getting the awning.
"Don't find fault, find a remedy"
H. Ford
moley551
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Chawnz » Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:06 am

Yeah fiamma don't make a bracket as of yet. Ideally I'd like no drilling and to utilise the roof rack plugs. Like you say I guess the only way right now will be a bespoke install not an off the shelf jobbie
Chawnz
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby se7en » Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:11 am

I have an Orminster compact, I had it on my previous van, I made up some brackets that pick up off the rack fixing points, you will have to find an awning that fixes more on the top of the van than on the side [if its H1 height] due to the sliding door.
By fixing to the rack points it makes it very easy to fit and remove when required.
se7en
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Chawnz » Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:02 am

Yeah I guess I need to find out how the awning mounts and sort some brackets out. I see what you mean about the door getting In the way, that's fine as I want it up out of the way, it'll also help with the height.

Any pics of your setup please?
Chawnz
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby vanvliet » Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:52 am

Chawnz wrote:Yeah fiamma don't make a bracket as of yet. Ideally I'd like no drilling and to utilise the roof rack plugs. Like you say I guess the only way right now will be a bespoke install not an off the shelf jobbie

The Fiamma F45 Awning Adapter Kit code - AS 120 MIGHT be suitable for bolting to the side of a Custom hightop van. Worth checking out - - - Sells for £30 from Grasshopper Leisure I am checking this out to mount a black cased F35 awning.
The Fiamma F35 awning is a Fiamma caravanstore in an alloy case rather than a bag
vanvliet
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Wadey » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:42 pm

Iv got the kampa limpet kit no drilling just suckers they don’t leave a mark would recommend that if you don’t want to put holes in your van
Works really well
I see no reason why it won’t fit in the side as they do kits to hold the awning sides to caravans and stuff
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
just follow the onscreen instructions and it's fairly idiot proof...trouble is, we keep producing better idiots
Wadey
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Softlips » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:24 pm

Vango here, can't remember whose rail it is.
Softlips
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Return to Transit Custom