*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Brake pads

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Re: Brake pads

Postby bobtol » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:58 pm

My Brake warning light came on a week after i purchased the van from a garage. Its a 2014 model but when i check the pads they were all ok. The problem was the rear discs had a lot of scores on them. I think the garage i bought the van from just stuck some new pads on and didnt replace the discs so now the pads that are on the rear are nearly new but have a wedge worn into them.

I now have to replace the pads and discs myself. Does anyone know the size of socket i need for the rear hub nut on a 2014 custom and where to get them. You would have thought if the van had been serviced and had an MOT That this damage would have been picked up.

I have also had the dpf warning light and EML come on and had the van back to the garage, they said it was a blocked dpf and the cleared it and done a regen. They certainly did a regen as i got the van back and they had done 135 miles in it, they also left a scabby old seat from a mazda in the back. I think they had been using it for a delivery van. Since they supposedly fixed that issue i have done 32 miles in it and the light has came on again. As this problem started within the month of purchase and although it is nearly 2 months since i bought it i am demanding they fix it and also do the brakes. I have been in touch with the finance company as well.

Shocking way to treat a customer. I love the van. Its black, all chromed out and only thing i want to do to it is add seats and windows in the back but i am not happy with the problems already experienced so will be handing it back one way or another if they are not fixed. Do i have any right or am i screwed here. Cheers

Bob
Bob. T :)
bobtol
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Previous

Return to Transit Custom