*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Transit Custom 270 Ltd Van conversion to campervan ish

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Re: Transit Custom 270 Ltd Van conversion to campervan ish

Postby Bobbo1 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:34 pm

Waitly 1

Here is my Headliner
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bobbo1
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby waitey1 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:38 pm

Definitely no captive nuts under the leaf sprung hanger mount....so probably depends what floor came with your van!!
waitey1
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Bobbo1 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:57 pm

Waitly 1

Here is the completed headliner
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bobbo1
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Milhouse1 » Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:45 pm

Looks great- good job! I have just fitted rear seats, Windows and fully carpeted mine, along with rear speakers. I haven't got to wiring them in yet- how did you access rear of head unit? Any tips for removing head unit or wiring in?
Cheers
mil
Milhouse1

Postby Veki007 » Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:50 pm

Bobbo1 wrote:Waitly 1

Here is the completed headliner

Looks very well.
Veki007
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Bobbo1 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:03 pm

Millhouse1

head unit it fairly straight forward,i just prised of my display cover using a couple of flat screwdrivers, this exposes 2 more screws for you to undo, once you undo them pop a screwdriver down on the two retaining plastic clips to pull the head unit cover forward & out, disconnect the wiring from the panel display. once you remove this you can then undo another two screws & slide the head unit out if you so wish.
Bobbo1
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Mixyphil » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:58 pm

Hi All,
Great advice on here. I am totally freaked out by the amount of detail involved!

I have a new L2 H1 coming next month, I have ordered it as a standard van with a view to adding the rear seats, carpet and windows after. I thought it would-be an easy-ish job. Looks like I need it doing by an expert who has done it before on a Custom, not just a regular van modifier. Any recommendations for a place in the North West? Also, I am struggling to get a decent set of rear seats, i really like the ones you have on yours Bobbo1, the folding and removable ones. I have ordered my front seats with Half leather like a Sport seat and would like them to match. Where car i get these from.

Ideally, i would like to get the whole lot done in one job.

I want this done right, my kids will be sat in the rear seats and I can see how easy it might be to screw it up.

Thanks in advance!
Mixyphil

Postby yasser » Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:42 pm

Mixyphil wrote:Hi All,
Great advice on here. I am totally freaked out by the amount of detail involved!

I have a new L2 H1 coming next month, I have ordered it as a standard van with a view to adding the rear seats, carpet and windows after. I thought it would-be an easy-ish job. Looks like I need it doing by an expert who has done it before on a Custom, not just a regular van modifier. Any recommendations for a place in the North West? Also, I am struggling to get a decent set of rear seats, i really like the ones you have on yours Bobbo1, the folding and removable ones. I have ordered my front seats with Half leather like a Sport seat and would like them to match. Where car i get these from.

Ideally, i would like to get the whole lot done in one job.

I want this done right, my kids will be sat in the rear seats and I can see how easy it might be to screw it up.

Thanks in advance!

where abouts in the north west are you?
310 DCiV L2 Limited 155
yasser
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Mixyphil » Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:47 pm

I live in Cheadle, Stockport area,
Mixyphil

Postby yasser » Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:48 pm

Mixyphil wrote:I live in Cheadle, Stockport area,

its not that difficult if you have a bit of sense about you. You.re a bit to far for me to come down and show you but if you do ever get up in the Keswick area I could show you and give you a couple of templates for panelling
310 DCiV L2 Limited 155
yasser
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Mixyphil » Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:57 pm

Hi,
That is really kind of you to offer your help. I am trying to find s company to do it, I am way to scared to take this on.....
I have found a set of seats, they should look good when in!
Thanks again, feeling the forum love already!
Mixyphil

Postby Bobbo1 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:14 pm

Maxi pill

I got my seats from Van Demon, Ring them up & see what they have got, about £600 brand New. They convert fords into Mobility &Taxi Mobility vans so have no need for the centre seats most of the Time.

Rob
Bobbo1
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Mixyphil » Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:16 am

Hi Rob

I tried Van Demon, they didn't have any I stock. Pity because they offer them at good prices. I ended up with a set from s chap in Doncaster, he advetises them on eBay. The ones I got where the reclining style with armrests, they cost me £1,200 in the end. A lack of patience on my behalf and a better seat meant I paid a bit more, but they are rare, so I hit the botton.

I have since found a lad in Holmes Chapel, Lee from Appy Campers and Voodoo Campers in staylybridge, I haven't decided who to use yet, but update this thread once a decision has been made with pictures and prices etc.

Thanks for the advice,

Phil
Mixyphil

Postby smalltownmotion » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:54 pm

Bobbo1 wrote:Derbymark

First of all don't drill any part of the chassis, i have only used fords hole positions for all my hole positions some are there even if you can't see them! in the case of the front row passenger seats part of the chassie does interfere, you just have to plate either side of the chassie brace like i did, below is a ford version spot welded to & wrapped around the chassis, you could have these made up for you but i drilled out my hole position measured my plate dimensions then bonded the plates in place the high temp glue, & bolted them up.

Bobbo1

I contacted a company called cotrims to get a quote for installation of seats into a custom and the are quoting 2 grand plus VAt for 3 seats that dont recline. They also said when i questioned about what was required, they seemed to indicate it was more than just using plates under the floor for safety. Can you think of anything else they may do? They wouldn't go into anymore detail but obviously they would prefer they do it rather than me. I have fitted a rock and roll bed with seatbelts to my current Mk6 transit and the were crashed tested and just involved drilling through the ply floor and van floor then putting metal plates underneath in the relevant places and bolting them in. Do the plates need to bridge the chassis on the custom for them to be deemed safe? Or is it just a case of using plates that are the correct thickness and spread the load enough? Also are spacers required between the van floor and the ply floor?

Cheers in advance

Lee
Transit/Tourneo Custom 2012, 2.2L CR TC I4 DSL 125 PS
smalltownmotion

Postby Richyboyp » Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:11 am

Hi guys, lots of info and I know this I am old thread now but I cannot find anywhere links to the bemm. I wonder if anyone has the actual measurements of the position needed for drilling/fining existing mounts?
There is a link in this thread but it doesn’t work
Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Richyboyp

Previous

Return to Transit Custom