*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

WELLHOUSE TERRIER CAMPERVAN

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Re: WELLHOUSE TERRIER CAMPERVAN

Postby FlyCatcher » Wed Oct 12, 2016 3:54 pm

bolti wrote:
FlyCatcher wrote:Hi best waterproofing for pop top canvas, Scotchgard or Fabsil ???

I used fabsil, it took almost a litre to coat the poptop. Spray it on and brush in to coat the fibres. I used a disposable decorators sheet to protect the van.

THANKS.
FlyCatcher
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Softlips » Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:09 pm

FlyCatcher wrote:
bolti wrote:
FlyCatcher wrote:Hi best waterproofing for pop top canvas, Scotchgard or Fabsil ???

I used fabsil, it took almost a litre to coat the poptop. Spray it on and brush in to coat the fibres. I used a disposable decorators sheet to protect the van.

THANKS.

I used the Fabsil spray, just sprayed it on but used a cloth to work in in the odd area. Used the van in very wet weather and nothing came through.
Softlips
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby bolti » Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:18 pm

Mosi net finished.
I know it looks like Aunt Flo's net curtains, but as long as it keeps the flies out of the van I'm happy.
Attached by magnets and can be kept in place permanently.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bolti
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby vanvliet » Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:41 pm

Can anyone with the new four rail Terrier seat please measure the exact width of the seat and the depth of the side furniture for me Also ,are they all three seaters with belts in the rear?
Thanks
vanvliet
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby vanvliet » Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:47 pm

bolti wrote:
Softlips wrote:Noticed the brakes on my rear seat don't seem to do anything - the seat can still be moved when they are pushed in. Anyone else had this?

Which type of seat do you have?

Terrier Reimo seats are fitted on a twin rail system. The four rail seats are German too and made by Schnierle
vanvliet
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Softlips » Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:58 pm

vanvliet wrote:Can anyone with the new four rail Terrier seat please measure the exact width of the seat and the depth of the side furniture for me Also ,are they all three seaters with belts in the rear?
Thanks

Mine are two rail but yes, all have three seat belts in the rear.
Softlips
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby vanvliet » Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:22 pm

Thanks for the info Softlips .
However - - -- I still need the four rail bed /furniture measurements to be sure . Can someone with a later van supply these please - - - anyone?
vanvliet
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby FlyCatcher » Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:41 pm

vanvliet wrote:Can anyone with the newt belts four rail Terrier seat please measure the exact width of the seat and the depth of the side furniture for me Also ,are they all three seaters with belts in the rear?
Thanks

The width of the seat is 117 cm, depth of side furniture is 47 cm, 3 seat belts.
FlyCatcher
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby vanvliet » Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:13 pm

Flashback33 wrote:
I'm having this a crazy idea to mod (butcher!) a brand new Terrier!
Limit sleeping to roof bed.
Remove rear seat cushion to free up space and custom and fit a Thetford cassette toilet with some sort of screen and door. Or maybe access only by one rear van door.
Am I mad?[/quote]

'Butchering' a new Terrier van?
Just a thought - If you are determined to do this then one option might be to remove the seat bed unit completely and fit as many individual seat units as you need. Do you carry many passengers ? If not then one seat may be enough - - - The extra space available would be huge and you could probably just store the bed until you sell the van or sell it. The Terrier at the C M Show had extra single seats fitted to the four rail system behind the bed giving an overall seating capacity of 7! Wellhouse can probably advise on how much these single seats cost .Check out this link - - -
http://wellhouseleisure.com/product/for ... zen-white/
Looks like they can face to the front or rear of the van , are easily removable altogether ,and if fitted in the rear there might just be space between them ( if you are slim!) to access the rear of the van
vanvliet
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby vanvliet » Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:28 pm

Forgot to say - check out this loo install in a Jerba Jura - it is a LWB however it would be easy to make up a similar box to fit a Custom . Swivel loo is the key with easy rear emptying facility - - - - -
http://www.jerbacampervans.co.uk/campervan/jura/
vanvliet
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby vanvliet » Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:28 pm

FlyCatcher wrote:
vanvliet wrote:Can anyone with the newt belts four rail Terrier seat please measure the exact width of the seat and the depth of the side furniture for me Also ,are they all three seaters with belts in the rear?
Thanks

The width of the seat is 117 cm, depth of side furniture is 47 cm, 3 seat belts.

Thank you
vanvliet
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby vanvliet » Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:49 pm

Thought that members might be interested in this conversion - interesting, as it is based on the SWB van rather than the Wellhouse LWB.
eBay item number:302146517618
vanvliet
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Pugs » Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:06 am

vanvliet wrote:Forgot to say - check out this loo install in a Jerba Jura - it is a LWB however it would be easy to make up a similar box to fit a Custom . Swivel loo is the key with easy rear emptying facility - - - - -
http://www.jerbacampervans.co.uk/campervan/jura/

Each to their own, having that arrangement takes up room and layout. All depends if an onboard builtin loo is a priority or not :D

Does anybody else have a sense that the back of the van bounces around a lot when driving? Everybody whom has been in the back has said so, hoping it's not the back suspension....
Wellhouse Terrier Transit Custom
Pugs
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby vanvliet » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:32 am

Interesting German product which would be fitted to our passenger side window to give overnight ventilation

http://shop.camper-himmel.de/Lueftungsg ... -2013-fuer
vanvliet
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby vanvliet » Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:48 pm

vanvliet wrote:Interesting German product which would be fitted to our passenger side window to give overnight ventilation

http://shop.camper-himmel.de/Lueftungsg ... -2013-fuer

The article number HB-114-019 is a Pair (set of two) for left and right window in the drivers cabin and can be used for Ford Tourneo Custom / Ford Transit Custom from 2013 on
vanvliet
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

PreviousNext

Return to Transit Custom