*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

WELLHOUSE TERRIER CAMPERVAN

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Re: WELLHOUSE TERRIER CAMPERVAN

Postby johnjl » Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:36 pm

I sold privately and got 36k for a 3 year old van, not to bad but originally i put it up for 37.5k but was directly competing with WH Terrier Sports at that price, direct from Wellhouse. Did have a quite a few extras on it, like leather, 155ps, winter pack and a load of accessories chucked in to the new owner

Thanks Pug, much appreciated. Where would you recommend advertising it. AutoTrader?

Thanks

John
johnjl

Postby Pugs » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:54 am

johnjl wrote:
I sold privately and got 36k for a 3 year old van, not to bad but originally i put it up for 37.5k but was directly competing with WH Terrier Sports at that price, direct from Wellhouse. Did have a quite a few extras on it, like leather, 155ps, winter pack and a load of accessories chucked in to the new owner

Thanks Pug, much appreciated. Where would you recommend advertising it. AutoTrader?

Thanks

John

I advertised both on Gumtree (not recommended full of scammers) and persuaded Wellhouse to put it on their website, the guy whom bought it saw it via the Wellhouse site. Mine had 14k miles on it. Are you getting rid to then?
Wellhouse Terrier Transit Custom
Pugs
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby bolti » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:00 pm

Sold mine back to Wellhouse, took a hit, but it was worth it to be able to move on.
bolti
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Pugs » Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:08 pm

bolti wrote:Sold mine back to Wellhouse, took a hit, but it was worth it to be able to move on.

Were you not happy with the van, base or conversion? For the record my missus had, had enough with both but the nail in the coffin was the alternator and Ford customer 'lack of support'. It always transpired whilst just about to go away on leave in it!
Wellhouse Terrier Transit Custom
Pugs
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby bolti » Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:44 pm

Pugs wrote:
bolti wrote:Sold mine back to Wellhouse, took a hit, but it was worth it to be able to move on.

Were you not happy with the van, base or conversion? For the record my missus had, had enough with both but the nail in the coffin was the alternator and Ford customer 'lack of support'. It always transpired whilst just about to go away on leave in it!

No, drove like a dream. We had rock solid waterproofed it, so no problem with alternator or any other mechanical problems.
The reasons we got rid.
Not being able to wash, wanted a outside/rear shower but was told it could not be retrofitted.
The roof, hubby couldn't manage at all, bent him into strange shapes. I'm only 5' and 50kg going up no probs, trying to pull it down I had to jump off the front seats and bounce up and down to get the gas struts to give.
And also having to move around crouched over when the roof was down sealed its fate I'm afraid.
Enjoyed it whilst we had it, but it made us realise what we needed in our next van. The Terrier is basically one up from a tent.
I know the Fiat is not going to be as nice to drive, life is full of compromise's.
New van had to have, permanent bed, good storage, indoor and outdoor showers. Pick it up in a month's time, have we made the right choice? Will report back.
Wellhouse had a buyer lined up for our van before we dropped it off. That was end of October.
bolti
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby johnjl » Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:21 pm

I advertised both on Gumtree (not recommended full of scammers) and persuaded Wellhouse to put it on their website, the guy whom bought it saw it via the Wellhouse site. Mine had 14k miles on it. Are you getting rid to then?

Thanks Pug. I cant make my mind up to be honest. I love the Van because I can get to hard to reach places in the Highlands and farm campsites etc that I could not get to in a Motorhome. However, the missus would like something with a bathroom in it so I will have to make a decision soon
johnjl

Postby bolti » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:19 pm

johnjl wrote:

Thanks Pug. I cant make my mind up to be honest. I love the Van because I can get to hard to reach places in the Highlands and farm campsites etc that I could not get to in a Motorhome. However, the missus would like something with a bathroom in it so I will have to make a decision soon

Have a look at panel van conversions, my new van is only 40cms longer than the transit but is a totally different animal.
http://www.rapido-motorhome.co.uk/motor ... _v43.chtml
bolti
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby johnjl » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:53 pm

bolti wrote:
johnjl wrote:

Have a look at panel van conversions, my new van is only 40cms longer than the transit but is a totally different animal.
http://www.rapido-motorhome.co.uk/motor ... _v43.chtml

Thanks Bolti, the van looks great and seems to fit what I need perfectly. I will have a good look at the next trade show.
johnjl

Postby johnjl » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:46 pm

Terrier sold - Thanks Pugs & Bolti for the advice regarding selling through the Wellhouse website.
I have to say I have been very impressed with my Wellhouse Terrier Van and the company in general.
I had the van for two years and put 27,000 miles on the clock all over the UK and had no problems or issues with either the base vehicle or Wellhouse conversion.
Sale through Wellhouse went very smooth and fast. The Van sold within a week and cash was transferred to my bank account the following week.

I am taking stock for now on my next move and take my time to decide and visit a couple of shows and decide if I am going to buy a Panel Van conversion or a Motorhome.

I wish everyone with a Wellhouse Terrier all the best on their future Camping trips.

Cheers
johnjl

Postby Kennyb » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:59 pm

Well my wellhouse camper goes in tomorrow for its first MOT,I’ve done my bit I’ve filled the washer bottle & checked the lights etc let’s hope she flies through, if not I’ve still got a months warranty left, will let you know the outcome apparently the MOT’s have got a lot harder for diesels especially with the emissions
Kennyb
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Kennyb » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:57 pm

Kennyb wrote:Well my wellhouse camper goes in tomorrow for its first MOT,I’ve done my bit I’ve filled the washer bottle & checked the lights etc let’s hope she flies through, if not I’ve still got a months warranty left, will let you know the outcome apparently the MOT’s have got a lot harder for diesels especially with the emissions

Well it sailed through the MOT no problems ,he didn’t check the rear seat belts as I have the bed made up permanently he said there was no requirement to test them in that situation, he would have checked them if they were in the seat position that sounds strange but never mind
Kennyb
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby devilman » Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:15 pm

Mine sailed through in July too. Annoyingly I now have a yellow engine management light on intermittently. Apparently it's a faulty air intake temperature sensor. My erberspacher isn't working now either. It seems to have a fuel blockage. Not difficult to fix I hope. Wish they'd happened before the 3 year point :(
devilman
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Paradox » Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:13 pm

This thread/topic started with the question ... Who has a Wellhouse Terrier Camper ?
My partner and I now have one :D
It is very interesting reading everyone`s comments.

Cheers Paradox
Paradox

Postby johnjl » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:56 pm

Paradox wrote:This thread/topic started with the question ... Who has a Wellhouse Terrier Camper ?
My partner and I now have one :D
It is very interesting reading everyone`s comments.

Cheers Paradox

Hi Paradox,

Great decision, I have nothing but good to say about them, I had mine for 2 years and enjoyed it a lot.
I hope you have as much enjoyment as the wife and I had touring with ours.

NC 500 is a must !

Going to the MH show in Birmingham at the weekend looking for a new Campervan/motorhome .

Driving a car as my day to day at the moment and missing the freedom and ability to just get away when we feel like it.

Best Wishes

John
johnjl

Postby Harlequin » Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:57 pm

I'm new to the forum, but I have owned a 16 plate Terrier SE2 for 18 months. It was an ex-demonstrator bought from a Ford Dealer.

Had some niggles (which seem to be typical) - Seat belts going into tension on rear bed/seat, water ingress through tailgate when roof up, heater failing to pick up diesel - but despite this have had some great times in it and I'm hoping to have lots more!

Wellhouse always seem keen to get problems sorted out - even when a problem is really down to Ford like the high level stop light seal.
Harlequin

PreviousNext

Return to Transit Custom