*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

WELLHOUSE TERRIER CAMPERVAN

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Re: WELLHOUSE TERRIER CAMPERVAN

Postby devilman » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:03 am

Anyone fitted a dropdown or regular 12v TV in their van? If so where? I'm toying with the idea but can't see a suitable location that isn't major work :)
devilman
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby devilman » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:38 pm

Softlips wrote:Here are some photos of the VanX curtain fitted, It's obviously better when the seats are turned around.

IMG_1494.JPG

IMG_1495.JPG

IMG_1496.JPG

IMG_1497.JPG

And here is anther mod I made, stitching some velcro to the strap that hold the cover up when the roof is up.

IMG_1498.JPG

Hey @Softlips are your pop rivets actually into the metal frame of the van? I'm looking at doing mine but I'm struggling to find solid metal away from wiring looms where your poppers appear to be.
devilman
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Softlips » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:06 am

devilman wrote:
Softlips wrote:Here are some photos of the VanX curtain fitted, It's obviously better when the seats are turned around.

IMG_1494.JPG

IMG_1495.JPG

IMG_1496.JPG

IMG_1497.JPG

And here is anther mod I made, stitching some velcro to the strap that hold the cover up when the roof is up.

IMG_1498.JPG

Hey @Softlips are your pop rivets actually into the metal frame of the van? I'm looking at doing mine but I'm struggling to find solid metal away from wiring looms where your poppers appear to be.

No, none of them are in metal. Some are in the headlining, others in the plastic trim. They were long pop rivets so leave a good amount of rivet behind.
Softlips
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby devilman » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:50 pm

Softlips wrote:

No, none of them are in metal. Some are in the headlining, others in the plastic trim. They were long pop rivets so leave a good amount of rivet behind.

Any problems with them? I think I'll find some big washers to put behind when I do mine then.
devilman
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Softlips » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:38 pm

devilman wrote:
Softlips wrote:

Any problems with them? I think I'll find some big washers to put behind when I do mine then.

None at all, all very secure. The rivets came with the curtain from Vanx
Softlips
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby moley551 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:38 am

Anyone at Pentewan on Friday 24th, Spotted from the Lookout...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Don't find fault, find a remedy"
H. Ford
moley551
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Pugs » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:18 pm

Anybody had a first service yet and how much it cost?
Wellhouse Terrier Transit Custom
Pugs
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Softlips » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:49 pm

Pugs wrote:Anybody had a first service yet and how much it cost?

Think it was £80 for the first service.
Softlips
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Softlips » Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:55 pm

Currently doing the North Coast 500. On site with a fellow Terrier for the first time on Sunday at Applecross. Looked better than all those common T5's etc. :D

Stayed at Durness last night, Sanyo Sands site at the top of the cliffs. Windy as hell, decided to lower the roof around midnight, glad I did the winds were over 50mph.

Terrier had lots of attention at John O'Groats today, several people taking photos. Final night in Scotland tonight at Dornoch.

IMG_2298.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Softlips
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby bolti » Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:21 pm

What's the blue thing on the Bonnet?
bolti
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Softlips » Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:45 am

bolti wrote:What's the blue thing on the Bonnet?

North Coast 500 sticker. Put one on the front and back for a bit of fun. Loads of people have photographed it while doing the tour. I'll remove them once home.

IMG_2301.JPG
Softlips
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby devilman » Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:20 pm

Here's mine at Clachtoll on the NC500 last May. Gonna do Harris this year.

devilman
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby devilman » Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:22 pm

Anyone found good external screens that fit the Terrier? I'm getting fed up with condensation.
devilman
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby bolti » Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:42 pm

devilman wrote:Anyone found good external screens that fit the Terrier? I'm getting fed up with condensation.

Got mine second hand from flea bay. Manufactured by these people https://www.taylormade-covers.co.uk/aca ... Cover.html
Although the ones I bought where from an older transit they fit fine. Only thing I would add is, if it is honking down with rain don't put the flaps over the top of the door only around the sides to hold them in place. For normal rain it's OK over the top. And don't bother with the net option you'll never fold the screen down.
bolti
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby vanvliet » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:38 am

Yes, Taylormade are fine . I just bought a set for £150 incl post The other company which supplies them for the Custom is Silverscreens -both have websites
This type of screen is bulky to store but once you get the hang of squashing them into a small bag they are OK. One other thing to mention is that they get wet so need to be dried out properly
vanvliet
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

PreviousNext

Return to Transit Custom