*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

WELLHOUSE TERRIER CAMPERVAN

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Re: WELLHOUSE TERRIER CAMPERVAN

Postby eric.fleming » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:43 pm

Any Ford Transit Custom Campervan conversions fitted by owners with mosquito screen on sliding door.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
eric.fleming

Postby eric.fleming » Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:02 pm

bolti wrote:Mosi net finished.
I know it looks like Aunt Flo's net curtains, but as long as it keeps the flies out of the van I'm happy.
Attached by magnets and can be kept in place permanently.

Hi Bolti.....would appreciate any design, bits and pieces needed to make one of my own......

eric.fleming

Postby bolti » Thu May 11, 2017 7:00 pm

eric.fleming wrote:
bolti wrote:Mosi net finished.
I know it looks like Aunt Flo's net curtains, but as long as it keeps the flies out of the van I'm happy.
Attached by magnets and can be kept in place permanently.

Hi Bolti.....would appreciate any design, bits and pieces needed to make one of my own......

Sorry for the late reply
There is nothing designer about them, a couple of bits of netting, a length of ribbon or tape (to stop the netting being eaten by the sewing machine) and some magnets from flea bay, when they are described as super strong believe me they are.
Allow about twice the width of the doorway with the netting and pleat it, overlapping by 18 inches.
Off to Badajoz and Portugal this weekend to test mine.
bolti
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby FlyCatcher » Fri May 12, 2017 10:48 am

devilman wrote:Anyone found good external screens that fit the Terrier? I'm getting fed up with condensation.

get them from wellhouse around £85.00
FlyCatcher
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby devilman » Fri May 12, 2017 1:44 pm

FlyCatcher wrote:
devilman wrote:Anyone found good external screens that fit the Terrier? I'm getting fed up with condensation.

get them from wellhouse around £85.00

Yes I've seen that now. I'll call in next time I'm passing, which isn't very often but I have a couple of festivals down that way this year. I used my internal silver screens and the van-x cab curtain recently and there was no condensation at all so maybe they are not required after all. I'll see over the next month or 2. Good price that though.
devilman
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby FlyCatcher » Fri May 12, 2017 5:50 pm

I have for sale 3 items i purchased from Wellhouse no longer needed , 1/ roof external screens 2/ memory foam mattress topper for lower bed 3/ external windscreen screens, total paid £435 sell for £200 , all unused can collect from burnham-on-sea or cardiff,
FlyCatcher
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Bullybrighton » Mon May 15, 2017 12:36 am

Hi there, just back from our first weekend in our new terrier 2. Have the Euro 6 130, have to say the "camper" was perfect, so much easier than a tent.....the van is a little under powered and could do with a bit of something to get it going.

Definitely a head turner though!
Bullybrighton

Postby Vorlich » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:08 pm

Hi folks, got my van in December last year and love it. A few minor issues that I've sorted, re-glued edge trip on worktop, fitted a reinforced part for rear seat drawer (it burst off the runners during emergency stop).

Unfortunately now I think my Solar panel has packed up, first noticed when I was doing some testing of battery and draw from various lights/fridge/webasto.

I bought my van used, so never had any handover from Wellhouse, and was keen to try get a better understanding of how the electrics work.

Anyhow, I noticed the CTEK 250s dual panel LED was never lit, so tested with meter. Nothing.
The fuse at the passenger seat are all ok. I tried popping the top off the panel juntion box to take a reading there, but Wellhouse have filled it with sealant or sikaflex or something, which I wasn't too impressed by.

Anyhow, I'm wondering if anyone knows how the panel cable is routed, as far as I can tell it appears to come in from the underside of the van, but it's hard to trace due to the underslung tanks. I'm trying to figure out if there are any other fuses inline, or if it's a straight run from the panel to the passenger seat fuse box. Anyone know?

Not looking forward to cutting the panel off the roof if it's needing replaced.
Vorlich
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby mikewinty » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:22 am

Hi,

We've just collected our new Terrier 2 - gone for the automatic transmission and the van overall is even better than we'd imagined !

Just one question though - how has anyone secured the ladder in place behind the driver's seat ? Has everyone gone low-tech and stuffed something in place to wedge it in or has anyone got an ingenious solution ?

Thanks,

Winty
mikewinty

Postby Vorlich » Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:45 pm

mikewinty wrote:Hi,

We've just collected our new Terrier 2 - gone for the automatic transmission and the van overall is even better than we'd imagined !

Just one question though - how has anyone secured the ladder in place behind the driver's seat ? Has everyone gone low-tech and stuffed something in place to wedge it in or has anyone got an ingenious solution ?

Thanks,

Winty

We wedge our in next to the rear seat, with cushions. We don't carry rear passengers though.

I had considered mounting under the roof bed, using another pair of the ladder mount clips and 'something' at the other end, to support it. Can't bring myself to screw/drill the bed though, still feels a bit bodgey.
Vorlich
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby bolti » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:44 pm

mikewinty wrote:Hi,

Thanks,

Winty

We just hook it onto the hangers for when it is in use, but pull the roof down. Travels fine like that ( no rattles ) but stops you popping into the back front the front.
bolti
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby bolti » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:04 pm

Vorlich wrote:Hi folks, got my van in December last year and love it. A few minor issues that I've sorted, re-glued edge trip on worktop, fitted a reinforced part for rear seat drawer (it burst off the runners during emergency stop).

Unfortunately now I think my Solar panel has packed up, first noticed when I was doing some testing of battery and draw from various lights/fridge/webasto.

I bought my van used, so never had any handover from Wellhouse, and was keen to try get a better understanding of how the electrics work.

Anyhow, I noticed the CTEK 250s dual panel LED was never lit, so tested with meter. Nothing.
The fuse at the passenger seat are all ok. I tried popping the top off the panel juntion box to take a reading there, but Wellhouse have filled it with sealant or sikaflex or something, which I wasn't too impressed by.

Anyhow, I'm wondering if anyone knows how the panel cable is routed, as far as I can tell it appears to come in from the underside of the van, but it's hard to trace due to the underslung tanks. I'm trying to figure out if there are any other fuses inl
in
, or if it's a straight run from the panel to the passenger seat fuse box. Anyone know?

Had some fun with our electrics. Tow bar fuse not in the place it should be on the wiring diagram, when it was tracked down it had blown due to being fitted with the wrong fuse. Latest was the fridge, open the door lights come on but not cooling. Convinced myself we needed a new fridge, had no idea how we would manage to fit it. Decided to check the fuses. Pulled the fridge fuse ( correctly labelled) even though it looked fine swapped it for another, compressor hummed into life. Why was the light on but the compressor not working?
bolti
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Vorlich » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:30 pm

bolti wrote:
Vorlich wrote:Hi folks, got my van in December last year and love it. A few minor issues that I've sorted, re-glued edge trip on worktop, fitted a reinforced part for rear seat drawer (it burst off the runners during emergency stop).

Anyhow, I'm wondering if anyone knows how the panel cable is routed, as far as I can tell it appears to come in from the underside of the van, but it's hard to trace due to the underslung tanks. I'm trying to figure out if there are any other fuses inl
in
, or if it's a straight run from the panel to the passenger seat fuse box. Anyone know?

Had some fun with our electrics. Tow bar fuse not in the place it should be on the wiring diagram, when it was tracked down it had blown due to being fitted with the wrong fuse. Latest was the fridge, open the door lights come on but not cooling. Convinced myself we needed a new fridge, had no idea how we would manage to fit it. Decided to check the fuses. Pulled the fridge fuse ( correctly labelled) even though it looked fine swapped it for another, compressor hummed into life. Why was the light on but the compressor not working?

Odd indeed.
Where is this wiring diagram you mention? Would be most handy when trying to troubleshoot.
Vorlich
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby bolti » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:14 pm

Vorlich wrote:
bolti wrote:

in

Odd indeed.
Where is this wiring diagram you mention? Would be most handy when trying to troubleshoot.

Will pm you tomorrow with what I have.
bolti
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Vorlich » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:22 pm

That would be much appreciated, thanks.
Vorlich
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

PreviousNext

Return to Transit Custom