*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

WELLHOUSE TERRIER CAMPERVAN

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Re: WELLHOUSE TERRIER CAMPERVAN

Postby windward » Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:09 pm

Have spoken to David Elliot via email and he assures the Wellhouse name is staying and will be further promoted by Lunar.
Ford/Hyundai and other new builds will be done by Lunar with Wellhouse carrying on with their imported Japanese conversions.
David will stay at Wellhouse as well as being Director at Lunar Campers.
The aim is to increase production of the Terrier and to expand into Europe, as Lunar have the capacity.
Wellhouse Terrier2 SE Magnetic
windward

Postby FlyCatcher » Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:23 am

windward wrote:Have spoken to David Elliot via email and he assures the Wellhouse name is staying and will be further promoted by Lunar.
Ford/Hyundai and other new builds will be done by Lunar with Wellhouse carrying on with their imported Japanese conversions.
David will stay at Wellhouse as well as being Director at Lunar Campers.
The aim is to increase production of the Terrier and to expand into Europe, as Lunar have the capacity.

Good to know.
FlyCatcher
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Softlips » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:11 am

Currently touring Normandy region. Can't believe the attention the Terrier is getting.
Softlips
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Pugs » Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:55 pm

Wellhouse Terrier Transit Custom
Pugs
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Softlips » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:20 pm

The blinds have been available for a couple of years. They didn't work with vans with rain sensors though. David tells me this has now been resolved though.

My worry is rattles from them?
Softlips
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby johnjl » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:11 pm

They look good.

May be tempted. Anyone on here had these fitted by Wellhouse after they have bought their van?
johnjl

Postby Softlips » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:26 am

Softlips
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Pugs » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:05 pm

bolti wrote:Thanks Vorlick for the information, can you confirm you have stop start if so, that means there are 3 batteries.

Did you ever find out if it had 3 batteries?

I have the CTEK split chargers under the passenger seat, which got me thinking, how often should the mode be switched to reconditoning the battery (leisure)? No reference to that from Wellhouse.

I'm also thinking about buying a CTEK battery conditioner, since our van is going to be off the road over much of the winter but wondering if i have to purchase another CTEK or if the ones under the seat have a setting to charge the main vehicle battery. Something like a CTEK MXS 5.0 if i have to buy another one
Pugs
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby bolti » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:49 am

Never did find out about the three batteries.

Is your van to be garaged or left outside? As the solar panel charges both starter and Leisure batteries.

The leisure battery fitted Banner requires the electrolyte levels checked twice yearly and topped up if necessary. (Banner website) Mine was down to the plates when I looked.
bolti
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Vorlich » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:24 pm

Pugs, the Ctek mx10 on my van has a 'comfort connect' which allows the same charger to be used with different batteries, so you can leave it and the Wellhouse wiring in place and just change the comfort connect tails to the ones connected to vehicle battery.

Take a look on the ctek website, they have pdf manuals too, which recommends doing recon charge annually. I just did a recon after topping up levels.
Vorlich
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby Vorlich » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:52 pm

I get a bit of a squeak from the rear seat (Reimo) on uneven road surfaces (so all UK roads) which I’ve not been able to track down. If anyone knows the fix, I’d love to know.

I also had the drawer fly out under heavy breaking. IMO the brace at the back of the facing panel and latch are under engineered. Should really have two latches. The screws for the brace worked loose too and it vibrated like hell. I’ve now replaced with two angles from b&q, one alu, one steel. Much stronger, stiffer, quieter, but slightly more difficult to open. But no movement fore/aft under braking/acceleration now. Fitted two door stops to rear of drawer which also help.

Going to fabsil the pop top soon for some winter prep. Want to get some winter tyres on too, but I’m not working ATM, so they'll have to wait.
Vorlich
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby Pugs » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:00 am

Vorlich wrote:Pugs, the Ctek mx10 on my van has a 'comfort connect' which allows the same charger to be used with different batteries, so you can leave it and the Wellhouse wiring in place and just change the comfort connect tails to the ones connected to vehicle battery.

Take a look on the ctek website, they have pdf manuals too, which recommends doing recon charge annually. I just did a recon after topping up levels.

Thanks. So all the wiring is in place to connect the comfort connect to the main vehicle battery? Is the wiring going straight to the main vehicle battery (under drivers seat) or the terminals under the bonnet (for jump starts)?

If not, was it a case of purchasing CTEK extension lead, removing the seat, disconnecting the 'comfort connect' (assuming it's connected to the leisure battery,) and then running the purchased extension leads to the main battery under the drivers seat\or to terminals under the bonnet and then simply connect to the comfort connect?
Last edited by Pugs on Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pugs
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Pugs » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:15 am

bolti wrote:Never did find out about the three batteries.

Is your van to be garaged or left outside? As the solar panel charges both starter and Leisure batteries.

The leisure battery fitted Banner requires the electrolyte levels checked twice yearly and topped up if necessary. (Banner website) Mine was down to the plates when I looked.

Cheers, but WH said that the solar panel only trickle charges the leisure battery, nothing else. By the way the 'starter' battery would a third battery for stop\start functions - not the main vehicle battery, which obviously supplies the whole electrics to the base van. If there is defo a 'starter battery' then there should be 3 batteries, main, starter and leisure.
Pugs
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Vorlich » Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:51 pm

f not, was it a case of purchasing CTEK extension lead, removing the seat, disconnecting the 'comfort connect' (assuming it's connected to the leisure battery,) and then running the purchased extension leads to the main battery under the drivers seat\or to terminals under the bonnet and then simply connect to the comfort connect?

This. I've not tried this myself though. I assume the purchased comfort connect tails would need to go to the battery direct, and if routed under the cab floor could be left in place, so a one time job, then just switch what is connected at the comfort connect as needed. Should be easy enough to do without needing to remove passenger seat every time, just access via the front of passenger seat, switch cables and tuck back in.
Vorlich
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby Vorlich » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:41 pm

Spent some time in the van today taking care of some bit an pieces that have been annoying me.

Felt pads on the cab seatbelt points to silence the annoying squeaking.
Tape on the wardrobe shelves to snug up the fit and stop rattles when on the move.
Greased the fittings on the small table behind passenger seat.
Nipped up the nuts on the roof mechanism (mine is a Reimo) and silicone lube on the rubber seal.
Silicone lube on all rubber door seals.
Fitted a hook with a couple of self tappers for the ladder storage. Unfortunately the missus can’t manage by just hopping up from the passenger seat, so we have to carry the bloody thing everywhere. Ladder is now stowed beside rear seat.

The van is now much quieter in motion and especially so over broken up high friction surfaces. I think the roof stuff made the most difference, worth spending 30 mins on if your roof has developed a squeak.
Vorlich
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

PreviousNext

Return to Transit Custom