*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Rear 12v socket

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Rear 12v socket

Postby benj85jty » Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:25 pm

Hi All,

Has anyone retro fitted the 12v Aux power socket in the rear? Is the wiring already in place and do you have the part number for the plug?

Cheers

Ben
benj85jty

Re: Rear 12v socket

Postby The transporter » Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:47 pm

I don't have the part number for the outlet but the wiring is tucked down behind the off side rear light and is live (connected to a 20 amp fuse) so it is plug and play.. I bought a generic outlet with a USB port too
VW Commecial Vehicles.....Lets Walk to Work.
The transporter
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby aerial copters » Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:34 pm

The transporter wrote:I don't have the part number for the outlet but the wiring is tucked down behind the off side rear light and is live (connected to a 20 amp fuse) so it is plug and play.. I bought a generic outlet with a USB port too

is that right for every transit, I took mine into a auto electrician, and he said he couldnt find a spare wire/connection
aerial copters
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby The transporter » Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:06 pm

I don't know if it is the same for every custom, mine is a Limited but the wire is tucked down behind the light and clipped to the lighting wires.
The transporter
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Jamesmac » Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:08 am

The transporter wrote:I don't know if it is the same for every custom, mine is a Limited but the wire is tucked down behind the light and clipped to the lighting wires.

Can you post a picture of the wire? (if it's not buried behind a panel now :wink: )
Jamesmac

Postby The transporter » Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:18 pm

I'll take a snap in the daylight... I've had to rip out all of my gear from the van so that the body shop can fit a new side in it.
The transporter
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Welsh Vanners » Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:20 pm

Had a poke around in mine today. Couldn't find anything :(
Welsh Vanners
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby The transporter » Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:48 pm

wire.jpg
Well with my usual lightning speed, I finally got round to taking a photo of the wire needed..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The transporter
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Treespotter » Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:22 am

The transporter wrote:
wire.jpg
Well with my usual lightning speed, I finally got round to taking a photo of the wire needed..

Whahaha, and now you have to put it back on! Be honest, how many times did you curse.
Treespotter
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby The transporter » Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:41 pm

Treespotter wrote:
The transporter wrote:
wire.jpg

Whahaha, and now you have to put it back on! Be honest, how many times did you curse.

It's just safely wrapped in tape and shoved back in the hole again... If I ever get my van back I'll refit my 12 volt outlet and USB outlet with a couple of spade connectors and a bit of insulation......If I ever see the van again that is..
The transporter
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Treespotter » Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:06 pm

It's a nuisance to get in there.
Treespotter
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby The transporter » Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:06 am

I have the hands of a gynaecologist...
The transporter
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Pocans » Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:23 pm

IMG_8951.jpg

You have to unplug the rear light, squeeze on the left hand side as you look at hole and pull towards you. Then give enough slack of the wiring loom to the lower, middle hole to allow you to pull enough wire out of hole to get to the orange coloured connector as shown/mentioned in above post. It will be taped to the light wiring loom.
IMG_8952.jpg

Like The transporter says its taped around the rear offside light loom and already live.

IMG_8953.jpg

So poke the orange connector through bottom hole, buy the correct 12V socket, found on eBay and plug in. Saving £s.
IMG_8954.jpg

Hope this helps !!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pocans

Postby richbee » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:16 pm

Pocans wrote:
IMG_8951.jpg

You have to unplug the rear light, squeeze on the left hand side as you look at hole and pull towards you. Then give enough slack of the wiring loom to the lower, middle hole to allow you to pull enough wire out of hole to get to the orange coloured connector as shown/mentioned in above post. It will be taped to the light wiring loom.
IMG_8952.jpg

Like The transporter says its taped around the rear offside light loom and already live.

IMG_8953.jpg

So poke the orange connector through bottom hole, buy the correct 12V socket, found on eBay and plug in. Saving £s.
IMG_8954.jpg

Hope this helps !!

That's brilliant - will have a look when I get round to it. I tried half heartedly a while ago and couldn't find it - much easier when I know what to look for
richbee
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby S60r » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:20 am

Thanks for the detail and pictures... any idea what plug you used to get on the loom? If you have a link to one you used please post it up. Thanks again.
S60r
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Next

Return to Transit Custom