*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Should 2014 Custom have a radio code and key code?

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Should 2014 Custom have a radio code and key code?

Postby onbellyman » Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:29 pm

Hi All.
I'm about to buy a 2014 (December) Custom minibus Trend.
I can't see any information in the available vehicle documents that give either a key code (essential I would have thought if a key needs replacing) or a radio code.
I was in the Main Ford dealership today checking over the vehicle and all the goodies that it had fitted. While looking through the Owners Handbook I could not see any reference to a code for the radio.
Every other vehicle I have owned (apart from my 1947 MG Magnette) has had a radio code that was used to get the radio active again if power supply was stopped at any time.
The person on the Service desk thought it should have a code but "if there is no card with it written on in the documents it would need half the dashboard removing to get at the radio to get the serial number".
The sales person said "It might not need a code as these things are built into the dashboard nowadays".
Can anyone tell me if the radio/cd fitted in this bus should have a code?
The details brought up when I went on the Ford etis page (fantastic to be able to access this BTW and I never knew it existed until I became a member of the forum!!!) say the vehicle has ICE Feature Pack 4 like this
Radio.jpg

I don't want to be told by the dealership that it doesnt need a code then pay for the vehicle and take it away only to find later that it DOES need a code and I have to jump through hoops to get it sorted.
Cheers,
Ian
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
onbellyman

Re: Should 2014 Custom have a radio code and key code?

Postby Veki007 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:52 pm

When I had a problem with my headlights AA guy pulled off connections from battery for a few minutes 10-15 and when he put it back only thing that was needed was re tune. No asking for code hope this helps

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
Veki007
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Custom155 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:45 pm

Hi,
One of the first things I asked for when we picked up our brand new Tourneo was the radio code to which the salesman replied they don't have one. Nothing mentioned in my hand book either.

Cheers, James
Custom155
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby onbellyman » Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:54 pm

Thanks for that Veki007 and James.
That has confirmed what the dealership service manager told me when I went in to see him this morning.
When I first asked the question a couple of days ago he wasn't sure but now is saying that the battery can be disconnected and when re-connected the radio will just switch on as before.
One less thing to worry about! :)
Cheers,
Ian
onbellyman

Postby FlyCatcher » Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:18 pm

great information , I could not find any info on a code , can stop looking now thanks all.
FlyCatcher
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby loot » Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:53 pm

I've noticed that every module seems to have the vehicle vin in them and they are all modules.

Perhapse there is only an issue when installing them into another vehicle?

Or maybe they are too specific and rubbish that they don't really warrant a security code? :lol:
56 350 2.2 130ps mk7 with 2 side doors 8)
65 290 2.2 125ps custom with 2 side doors 8)
07 350 170ps
Ids v86 licence + v86.04 update + xprog here
Ids map here
loot
Site Moderator

Return to Transit Custom