*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Door lock removal.

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Re: Door lock removal.

Postby Treespotter » Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:38 am

When the cars electrics fail you still are able to open the bonnet. When the remote electrics fail you still have the spare key. Thange the remote keys battery every four years and your okay.

Wolter
Treespotter
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Scorch73 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:15 am

Noob to the forum here, hey guys

Just wanted to thank for the clockwise tip on lock removal.
The instructions that came with new lock say anti-clockwise and I was avoiding setting the horn off by turning clockwise.
After removing the lock and trying to press the lever it clearly only works correctly clockwise.
Thanks again, appreciated.
Transit Custom Ltd 155, 290, L1H1, dual side doors, Led load lights. Rev camera, 65 plate Sold.
Transit Custom Ltd 130 Auto, 300, L1H1, dual side door, dual agm, Sync3 ice 25, Radar cruise. 20 plate current.
Scorch73

Postby Girdles » Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:55 pm

Hi All

I have just fitted the Hykee lock from Garrisons with Bezel, I just noticed the door skin seems to have dished around the lock, anyone have a same issue.
Can I adjust the lock to remove the dent from around lock ?
Girdles

Postby hitech-donk » Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:49 pm

Any clues how to get the lock out after taking out the window rail, barrel out and torx screws out. Stuck on the outer handle I think?
hitech-donk
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby moley551 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:04 pm

I did mine without removing anything except the clip, then after turning the key to withdraw the locking pin, I pushed the pin in slightly further from inside the door, left hand side of the internal part there is a hole to push a small screwdriver into.
"Don't find fault, find a remedy"
H. Ford
moley551
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby hitech-donk » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:24 pm

Thanks anyway Moley but I've sussed it. Theiving scumbags had already wreaked the barrel so the key wasn't going in. Ended up grinding the front of the old barrel off but as I needed to get the whole lock assembly out anyway what was left could come out from the inside. I couldn't see what the lock assembly was attached to up by the outer handle. Turned out you need to take the outer handle off as it's all one piece.
If anyone needs to do it in future there is a screw behind a plastic oval plug at the side of the door(it doesn't come all the way out) that releases the fixed part of the outer handle. You can then slide the handle across and out. One more torx at the hinge side and the whole lot comes out.
I'm doing away with the lock, plating the hole and repainting so needed to get behind the lock.
P.s. Don't glue down the link rod after the key barrel part has been removed from the lock (glued to stop it rattling) as the alarm does the horn thing when it thinks there's a door still open!
hitech-donk
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby bigayal » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:20 pm

Upstanding Member wrote:Well, 3 hours, 2 phone calls, shite paper instructions, 8 sore fingers & 2 sore thumbs later... door lock is fitted.
Huzzar...

Anybody requiring help about fitting the lock, feel free to ask.

hi there i cant turn my key enough to get the little pin in either, my door doesnt lock at any time so cant turn it enough to lock it so i cant turn it enoughto get the pin out :( you did say feel free to ask can you help??? thanks alan
bigayal
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Previous

Return to Transit Custom