*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Remaps without the chance of warranty issues

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Remaps without the chance of warranty issues

Postby Stoney891 » Sat Aug 13, 2016 6:52 pm

So it would appear that all the naysayers are soon to be silenced finally! I have heard that a certain and well renowned Ford tuning outfit will be offering a tuning and remap service for custom M-sports new and old and even the euro 6 that will be approved by ford and will have no affect of warranty claims. How d'ya like them apples Treespotter?
Stoney891
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Re: Remaps without the chance of warranty issues

Postby S60r » Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:21 pm

only a matter of time...Ford won't miss out on a chance to get a pay day on tuning...... if its anything like the warranty approved mountune stuff they offer for the focus it will cost the earth! Good news though. :)
S60r
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Stoney891 » Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:25 pm

Yeah it is mountune but at least u havent gotta worry about servicing etc
Stoney891
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Treespotter » Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:54 pm

Stoney891 wrote:So it would appear that all the naysayers are soon to be silenced finally! I have heard that a certain and well renowned Ford tuning outfit will be offering a tuning and remap service for custom M-sports new and old and even the euro 6 that will be approved by ford and will have no affect of warranty claims. How d'ya like them apples Treespotter?

I like that very much. But hey, I never complained about warranty issues. I like fast cars. But putting a ludicrous amount of horse power on the front wheels pf a work vehicle is not my thing.

Wolter
Treespotter
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Stoney891 » Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:12 pm

Treespotter wrote:
Stoney891 wrote:So it would appear that all the naysayers are soon to be silenced finally! I have heard that a certain and well renowned Ford tuning outfit will be offering a tuning and remap service for custom M-sports new and old and even the euro 6 that will be approved by ford and will have no affect of warranty claims. How d'ya like them apples Treespotter?

I like that very much. But hey, I never complained about warranty issues. I like fast cars. But putting a ludicrous amount of horse power on the front wheels pf a work vehicle is not my thing.

Wolter

Understood but it was never about loads of horsepower for me either, it was always about drivability.......and trust me, it changes the entire way the custom drives. It's about headroom, it's about accessibility to the power, and losing the horrid gear hopping on motorways......5th and 6th pulling smoothly and strongly and a little pep in its step!
Stoney891
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby S60r » Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:36 pm

Totally agree with that Stoney.... I don't even know the figures of mine and nor do I care. The drive since remapping is transformed. Totally worth the money.
S60r
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Stoney891 » Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:04 pm

S60r wrote:Totally agree with that Stoney.... I don't even know the figures of mine and nor do I care. The drive since remapping is transformed. Totally worth the money.

Likewise, no clue what it's actually making, doubtful it's more than 20bhp over standard 155 model......more relevant I would say is the increase in torque is substantial and it's that that makes all the difference
Stoney891
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Camper steve » Sun Aug 14, 2016 11:39 am

Gents

Was thinking of remapping my 155 model, but does it make a difference to the insurance? If it does not sure I need it that much.
Camper steve
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby moley551 » Sun Aug 14, 2016 3:24 pm

Anything you change from standard should be notified to you insurance it's up to them if they charge or not, I have heard some will cancel the policy if its "modified"...will they find out is another question!!
"Don't find fault, find a remedy"
H. Ford
moley551
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Stoney891 » Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:50 pm

Camper steve wrote:Gents

Was thinking of remapping my 155 model, but does it make a difference to the insurance? If it does not sure I need it that much.

Told my insurance I had an economy remap done and there was no change to my premium
Stoney891
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Bullybrighton » Mon May 15, 2017 12:05 am

Hey there, where can I get this remap from? I have the Euro 6 and it is in desperate need of something to help thou having to change gear all the time.

It says Mountune but is it through ford or direct?

Thanks
Bullybrighton

Postby markw123 » Tue May 16, 2017 10:09 pm

i had my 125bhp re mapped and it pulls so much better, so if ford do one for my 170 m sport i'd be all over it... hopefully over 200bhp and a sh*t load more torque

i dont even carry that much in the back so its a win all round

yes please sign me up
markw123
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Mike » Wed May 17, 2017 7:49 am

Bullybrighton wrote:Hey there, where can I get this remap from?

You can't, it was just a rumour.
Mike
Wind up merchant!

Postby seikokid » Wed May 17, 2017 11:28 am

Stoney891 wrote:
S60r wrote:Totally agree with that Stoney.... I don't even know the figures of mine and nor do I care. The drive since remapping is transformed. Totally worth the money.

Likewise, no clue what it's actually making, doubtful it's more than 20bhp over standard 155 model......more relevant I would say is the increase in torque is substantial and it's that that makes all the difference

seikokid
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby seikokid » Wed May 17, 2017 11:36 am

this is imperial and roughly converted its 185 PS
seikokid
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Next

Return to Transit Custom