*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Euro 6 tapping noise

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Euro 6 tapping noise

Postby Stoney891 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:54 pm

Hi guys, anyone with a Euro 6 got a tapping noise coming from the belt pulley area on tick over?

Also Park Pilot Malfunction once a day?

Cheers
Stoney891
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Re: Euro 6 tapping noise

Postby Tony Turbo » Sat Oct 29, 2016 12:39 pm

I get the tapping noise from cold and the parking sensors are a bit sensitive, and sometimes stop beeping when I get really close. Do you also get the wipers go when you have the key on 1 and even with the wiper stalk in the off position after a couple of minutes of sitting in the van?

The whole van seems a bit random.
Tony Turbo
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Stoney891 » Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:33 pm

Tony Turbo wrote:I get the tapping noise from cold and the parking sensors are a bit sensitive, and sometimes stop beeping when I get really close. Do you also get the wipers go when you have the key on 1 and even with the wiper stalk in the off position after a couple of minutes of sitting in the van?

The whole van seems a bit random.

Mines does the tapping most of the time but worse when cold.....almost like the belts are too tight.
Don't think I've got the wiper issue though......will investigate
Stoney891
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Chrisp74 » Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:50 pm

All of the above.
Park pilot malfunction and the wipers going on there own hopefully is reasonably straightforward software update?
Engine noise I haven't worked out where it's coming from. I agree it sounds like the aux belt "rubbing".
Chrisp74
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Stoney891 » Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:12 pm

Glad it's not just mine........ok don't mean that.....obviously would be better if none of them did this but u get the idea.

Also noticed today a slight 'belty whine' whilst driving with the window down on lift off so it could be belt or pulley related
Stoney891
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby devonvanfan » Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:25 pm

Regarding Wipers. I realise that yours is a Transit Custom but my Euro6 Mk8 did an undemanded single wipe as I was starting up this evening.
This comes from the owners manual concerning Autowipers:
Keep the outside of the windshield clean. The rain sensor is very sensitive and the wipers may operate if dirt, mist or insects hit the windshield.
Wet or winter driving conditions with ice, snow or salty road mist can cause inconsistent and unexpected wiping or smearing.
In these conditions, you can do the following:
• Lower the sensitivity of the autowipers to reduce the amount of smearing on the windshield.
• Switch to normal or high-speed wipe.
• Switch autowipers off.
It was dusk and a bit misty – I’m guessing the Autowipers were doing their job and cleaning the screen? Maybe the Custom is similar?
devonvanfan
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby jdmc92 » Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:05 pm

picked up my euro 6 custom yesterday park pilot error happened 3 times already!!
jdmc92
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby Alward1982 » Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:23 pm

I've been getting the park pilot malfunction and the sensors go off, will clear if I stop and select reverse again
But I've worked out it happens when you reverse at a speed approx 5mph plus, start to accelerate and they fail.
Okay very slow speed , just mentioned it to dealer and waiting to hear back
Alward1982

Postby RSmit » Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:21 pm

Hi
I also have the intermittent Lane assist malfunction and Park pilot malfunction.
Waiting to hear from dealer on software update for the Park pilot I am hoping that it cures the lane assist issue.
I also have the tapping from the belt / pully area it didn't do it for about the first 1000 miles and now currently on 2400 miles and it does it both when cold and hot.
Had it to dealer last week and said they would relay the tap to Ford.
But I have just been and booked it in for it to be looked at.
RSmit

Postby Tony Turbo » Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:22 am

I have booked mine in too, but not for a couple of weeks due to a courtesy van. They told me there was no software update showing for the wipers. I don't have the parking sensor malfunction, they are just very sensitive and sometimes stop beeping but the display still works. I've also got a REALLY creaky drivers seat.

If enough of us complain and book the vans in then Ford will have to look at a software update and sorting these issues. If we don't complain then they won't know.
Tony Turbo
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby RSmit » Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:44 am

Mine also not booked in until the 16th due to needing a van.
I called in last Friday and a technician had a listen and said yes there is a rattle and that he has noticed it on a few of them and that it seems to be how they are.
But after thinking about it over the weekend it shouldn't be how they are so as said in previous post called in and booked it in.
Not sure why the receptionist had to say there may not be no fault it wasn't just a operative that had a listen it was our master tech.
Simply said there obviously is something causing the rattle that shouldn't be so would rather it be looked at as well as listed to.
Suppose in fairness they don't know the customers background.
Those of us that have the rattle book them in I was going to see if I could have lived with it but after speaking to the service manager regarding the lane assist fault his words were no you want it to be right.
To be fair that is why I bought a new van so that other than maintenance items that it was right.
RSmit

Postby RSmit » Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:51 pm

Update on this.

Van been in at dealer today.
Rattling coming from the idler pully they sent the finding to Ford and got a reply stating that there was a updated one so it is on order.
RSmit

Postby Tony Turbo » Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:46 pm

RSmit wrote:Update on this.

Van been in at dealer today.
Rattling coming from the idler pully they sent the finding to Ford and got a reply stating that there was a updated one so it is on order.

Whereabouts in the country are you? Mine went to SMC Crayford today and I've been told it is fixed and ready for collection. So we will see what has been done when I collect it tomorrow.
Tony Turbo
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby RSmit » Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:54 pm

South Yorkshire.
Spoke to the mechanic that inspected it and he took the auxiliary belt off so that could pin point which pully was making the noise.
They are having to wait for the tool to do the pully as well as the pully.
RSmit

Postby RSmit » Thu Nov 24, 2016 7:04 pm

Was your cured Tony.
Also does anyone else have any updates either regarding the tapping or the park pilot or lane assist faults.
Mine is booked in to have the pully replaced but no news on the other two faults as yet.
RSmit

Next

Return to Transit Custom