*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Seat swap

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Seat swap

Postby Pug957 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:38 pm

Whilst I like the van, I must say I'm not overly impressed with the factory (probably poverty spec) seat.

Does anyone know if there are any other seats that bolt straight in or is are the options limited to model secific or custom adapter plates?
Pug957
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: Seat swap

Postby Wadey » Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:43 pm

You can make anything fit if you try hard enough !
just follow the onscreen instructions and it's fairly idiot proof...trouble is, we keep producing better idiots
Wadey
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Pug957 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:40 am

I hear you there :D

Unfortunately I need to be careful what I do as the van doesn't belong to me and I don't think the boss would appreciate me hacking it up too much. Don't know why :mrgreen:
Pug957
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Wadey » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:36 pm

If it's the same as the earlier transits the runnners will unbolt off the seat mine did mk6 I then made a frame that bolted to it and welded that to my new seat runners I just took the adjusting handed off so it didn't move so if I want to I can unbolt the lot and re attach the standard seat to the original runners and it still users the adjuster so anyone can drive it and the seat belt clip stays in the same place as it's part of the runner I think there's pictures on here here somewhere if you can't find them I'll re Prost them if it helps
just follow the onscreen instructions and it's fairly idiot proof...trouble is, we keep producing better idiots
Wadey
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Pug957 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:33 pm

Im thinking that's the way forward.

My thought was for saab seats but the runners are about 1" narrower. Would need the rails cutting to allow bolts in but should be able to figure something out.

Unfortunately the exhaust was ripped of my car recently so bigger things to worry about. Hopefully soon......
Pug957
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Wadey » Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:13 pm

If there the leather ones iv got them in my 95 there nice iv got a celica seat in my van and if I remember rightly it was narrower
Wadey
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Pug957 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:04 pm

Yep, 9-5 seats. Got hold of a set of manual seats for free so thought I'd try to get them in there. Love them in my 9-5 and can do a few hundred miles with no problem so thought why not. Only issue is they're about 3/4" narrower on the rails.
Pug957
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Return to Transit Custom