*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Single passengers seat

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Single passengers seat

Postby khould » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:10 am

Hi, does anyone know if a drivers seat will fit on the passengers side without any alterations. Im looking for a single passengers seat and they are as rare as hens teeth , a new one will cost a fortune!. I know the seat controls, heating knob and arm rest will be on the wrong side which really doesnt matter to me it just needs to fit

Thanks
Kev
khould
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: Single passengers seat

Postby miniyachter » Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:21 am

I'm interested in the answer to this too, if anybody has one. I managed to buy a drivers seat on eBay that matches my upholstery but I still need a base for it.
miniyachter

Re: Single passengers seat

Postby Fred-W » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:48 pm

The price of second hand single passenger seat for a Transit Custom is crazy, fetching between £650 to £750.

I shopped around for months looking for a reasonably deal, in the end saw a driver seat on Ebay for £160.

No problem fitting it to the passenger side.

Had to remove the studs on the side of the base that the hand brake was bolted to.

The electrical plug on the double seat is completely different to the single but Luckily for me the plug and cable for the heated seat and seat belt warning were left on the seat when remove from the donor vehicle.

Had to trim a little of the carpet for the base to sit correctly when bolted down.

Had to slightly cut the profile of the trim were the seat belt was, to allow for fitting the seat belt receptor socket.

Sorry about the poor quality of the photo but it may give you an idea of what it looks like when fitted.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ford Transit Custom DCiV SWB Limited 290 L1 2.2 TDCi 125PS
Fred-W
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Return to Transit Custom