*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Hi Advise for potential custom purchase

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Hi Advise for potential custom purchase

Postby Frautzi » Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:07 pm

Hi All,

I'm new here please be gentle .. :o

test drove a 2013 2.2 310 Limited DCIV 155bhp today with 61k on the clock, 1 fleet owner with full service. It drove really sweet and the wife and kids loved it. There are a few things which are niggling me though.

1. chipped screen on LH bottom corner really needs sorting - How expensive is a new front screen (Heated)?
2.There are some cuts here and there in the lacquer where decals or wraps had been fitted and I'm just wondering if the lacquer may flake over time
3. I've read about some of the under bonnet water issues and I've had a quick look today and there is water in the and around the ECU area- is this becoming a big issue yet?

Anything else I may need to look at if / when I go back?

Cheers

Jay
Frautzi

Re: Hi Advise for potential custom purchase

Postby big mikeS » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:42 pm

Screen will set you back£4-500 as there are sensors in it
big mikeS
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby S60r » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:54 am

I don't see the screen as an issue, if it's beyond resin repair and the garage won't deal with it, claim on your insurance but insist on a genuine one. Should be 75 - 125 that way.

The wet engine bay is every transits problem. There are some fixes, I haven't got around to doing mine yet either. It gets soaked both sides, just check the corrosion isn't too bad but it will need addressing if you buy any transit.

:)
S60r
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby chuffer » Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:59 pm

I too am about to purchase one of these what are the fixes to the wet engine bay?
chuffer

Postby Truered1968 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:41 pm

Hi all fairly new to this forum as i was looking for answers on issues and extremely poor service for my 2015 Tourneo Custom Titanium 125.
The screen is covered or should be covered on your insurance. I had one replaced and it cost me my excess of £75.
For anything else if i had known what i know now about the so called new Transit Custom i would have given it extra wide berth.
The list of issues with mine is endless and Ford' aftersales service is appalling to say the least.
I've been a Ford faithful for well over 20 years but this time i have totally lost faith...seems that Ford can't fix what they've designed and built...shame
Truered1968

Return to Transit Custom