*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Bike rack

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Re: Bike rack

Postby Kennyb » Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:04 pm

Hi I have a 2015 wellhouse leisure campervan bought new and wellhouse supplied and fitted a fiamma (vivaro) bike rack and also upgraded the gas struts,(reason for vivaro rack at time of purchase the custom one not yet developed) at the time I had one bike and the tailgate lifted okay with bike attached it held up okay as the rail sat up quite high on the rack with the the wheels been about window level,since then I've bought an electric bike which is 22 kg and been 67 I found it quite difficult to lift it onto the rack so I had to do some modifications and lower the rail to help me out, I have no pics of the original rail fitted but the modifications are shown,obviously I've not secured the bike ready for transit but you get the gist,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kennyb
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Softlips » Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:01 am

^^^ thanks for posting. Will post mine once fitted.
Softlips
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Softlips » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:34 am

Finished. Really pleased with the result.

IMG_2245.JPG

IMG_2244.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Softlips
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby pipni » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:32 pm

Kennyb wrote:Hi I have a 2015 wellhouse leisure campervan bought new and wellhouse supplied and fitted a fiamma (vivaro) bike rack and also upgraded the gas struts,(reason for vivaro rack at time of purchase the custom one not yet developed) at the time I had one bike and the tailgate lifted okay with bike attached it held up okay as the rail sat up quite high on the rack with the the wheels been about window level,since then I've bought an electric bike which is 22 kg and been 67 I found it quite difficult to lift it onto the rack so I had to do some modifications and lower the rail to help me out, I have no pics of the original rail fitted but the modifications are shown,obviously I've not secured the bike ready for transit but you get the gist,

Hello,
what do you type use ? Is it thule 973-XX ?

Thanks.
pipni

Postby samvise » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:21 pm

Hello, I'm interest in knowing from Botacco which 973-xx used, since I also have the 973, heritage from a previous car, and exactly the same tourneo custom...

thanks. Paolo
MK8 Tourneo Custom L1H1
samvise
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby otozan » Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:41 am

Has anyone figured out which mount kit was used to mount the Thule 973 to the Tourneo custom?
otozan

Previous

Return to Transit Custom