*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

2.0L euro 6 Oil requires change after 3k

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Re: 2.0L euro 6 Oil requires change after 3k

Postby FJ111200 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:27 pm

I've had this problem which was supposedly fixed and it's happened again. Van has only done 5500 miles from new by me.
I phoned to book it in again and spoke to the service technician at Trust Ford Warrington, who seemed quite concerned, yeah right, that it had happened again and said to book it in.
Anyway I turned the message off myself and can't really see the oil deteriorating that quickly if it's supposed to be 30,000 mile between services, not that i'll let it go to that before I next service it.
So what are Ford going to say and do when the 2year/100,000 mile warranty is up? You're on your own son but keep changing the oil at 4000 mile intervals?
Sounds to me that the computerized bollox is not actually fit for purpose. So they'll keep doing update after update after update and then at the owners expense after warranty? Arse.
:idea: :lol: :roll:
FJ111200
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby barriec » Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:13 pm

Had the van since janruary, change oil light has come 4 times now. Took back to the dealer and had the oil change done.
They also had for nearly three to sort out a knocking noise from the engine that I think was the oil pump. Engine is making the same noise again.
Not going to take it back into them as I can't be bothered with crap customer service., will just wait for it to fail. Once the warranty has run out I will be going back to a Transporter. I'm not happy with the van at all.
barriec
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby loot » Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:24 pm

I got told that some dealers were reusing the oil :shock:
Might be a lie but if not rotfl
56 350 2.2 130ps mk7 with 2 side doors 8)
65 290 2.2 125ps custom with 2 side doors 8)
07 350 170ps
Ids v86 licence + v86.04 update + xprog here
Ids map here
loot
Site Moderator

Postby V184 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:04 pm

barriec wrote:Had the van since janruary, change oil light has come 4 times now. Took back to the dealer and had the oil change done.
They also had for nearly three to sort out a knocking noise from the engine that I think was the oil pump. Engine is making the same noise again.
Not going to take it back into them as I can't be bothered with crap customer service., will just wait for it to fail. Once the warranty has run out I will be going back to a Transporter. I'm not happy with the van at all.

Is this a 2 litre euro6 ?
V184
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby barriec » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:30 pm

Yes it is. We have had the same problems with my business partner's van as well and somebody else I know with the same Van had the same the change oil light on more than once. When we took the vans into Think Ford, they claimed they had never seen the problems before.
barriec
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Jvic28 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:54 pm

I have one coming back in Monday after having all the tsb etc carried out. It is concerning. Lets see what happens.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Warranty/Service Department Administrator - Ford Main Dealer
Expert in nothing but here to help if I can
Jvic28
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby a4drk » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:57 pm

WestLondonCooling wrote:Hi guys, first post on this forum and this topic is how I found you lot!

I've had my 2016 66plate Transit Custom Sport 2.0 170ps euro 6 for a year now and it's only covered 8.5k

My journeys are to-around-home from London, stop start and short, get to hit motorways on rare occasions!

I had an oil & filter change at 3k as the light came on. Then took it back as light came on again 1k later, this was just a reset this time. It's been on ever since 5k now and p*^*#s me off every time I hear those 3 beeps!

I'll be contacting the dealer tomorrow. Anyone able to give me a heads up as to what to expect them to say (I imagine there will be a bit of bs they will fob me off with)

Thanks in advance guys

Push the brake & accelerator at the same time & then Turn the ignition on so lights come on
Hold it for 20 secs
Turn off ignition- should be clear
a4drk

Postby a4drk » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:59 pm

My 2017 van was in getting the dipstick & oil change - at 4,000 miles
They are now telling me my engine needs to get rebuilt as some people have complained about vibrations come from the engine. Mine is perfect -doesn't need this - but they are doing it anyway because it's a recall!
Does anyone know anything about this ?
David
a4drk

Postby Andy.w » Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:04 pm

Had my van 2 months and covered 3100 miles and its asking for oil change.
Hope this is not a regular thing, should this be covered under warranty ?
Andy.w

Postby Calomile » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:56 pm

Mine did it at about 8k, sent back in and they changed the filter (and probably reset the computer).

Mine does have a bit of a shudder now it's hit 14k on a cold start, and in low gears there's a whine whilst the steering wheel is centered. Going to be a fun trip to the garage soon methinks :o
Calomile

Postby mattbjeffery » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:06 am

Sorry but I'm a little late to the party on this thread.

I've had all of the issues with the oil changes, PCM update and shorter dipstick. Although, going to two different Ford dealerships to get it sorted, I only once had the oil changed. All the rest I had to foot the bill for!

Also my EGR valve blew up which presented as an error saying "AdBlue sys malfunction, service req'd" with a mileage countdown until no start.
Can anybody confirm if it's a related issue? My logic is that to fudge the Euro 6 compliance, Ford was sending extra exhaust gas thru the valve to keep the levels right for emissions which put excess strain on it and was prematurely contaminating the oil.
The current EGR valve is less than a year old but was put on before the oil issue was "resolved" and I have the same message again. But now I'me out of my 1 year warranty (reduced from 3 years, due to it being a taxi).

Any and all advice apreciated.
mattbjeffery

Postby tvbrittany » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:08 pm

Hi, I live in France so have a French version Transit custom.
After about 5000 Km I keep getting the Adblue malfunction light come on, message fail to start in 800km. After the engine has reset itself (overnight) generally, the message disappears and resets to normal.
I have taken it to my dealer with the lights on and they used the diagnostic tester and said there was nothing wrong, just ignore it.
At 25km the oil change light came on, although the manual says it should be every 50k. I had to pay for the oil and filter. At 50k I took it in for its 50k service, and they didn't change the oil as they said it only needs doing every 50k. I'm now on 85k and the light has come on again... very frustrating. They said there was a software glitch which they had now resolved, so it will need changing every 50k. The Adblue error keeps coming on at different intervals and they have told me that it must be FILLED to the brim when it needs top up, difficult when there is no level indicator, it just overflows all over the drive.
My previous Transit did not have Adblue and ran perfect for the 3 years I had it.
My driver and passengers seat "creak" endlessly, so annoying and the rear view camera would switch off if you exceeded more that 5mph in reverse.

Poor job Ford..... I'de still buy another though
tvbrittany

Postby V184 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:19 pm

I didn't realise SMC Ford had set a dealership up in France :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
V184
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Previous

Return to Transit Custom