*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

2.0L euro 6 Oil requires change after 3k

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Re: Oil requires change after 3k

Postby mavericktc » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:33 pm

loot wrote:Reverse camera not working over 5mph sounds like a safety feature to me :D

Its less then 5. you can't even fully release the clutch and reverse on tickover.

The reverse lights + sensors dies to. What do you call that safety feature? ;)
mavericktc
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby loot » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:46 pm

mavericktc wrote:
loot wrote:Reverse camera not working over 5mph sounds like a safety feature to me :D

Its less then 5. you can't even fully release the clutch and reverse on tickover.

The reverse lights + sensors dies to. What do you call that safety feature? ;)

sh*t :lol: :(

I thought it was over 5mph.

You'd think they'd be on top of this sort of stuff wouldn't you.
56 350 2.2 130ps mk7 with 2 side doors 8)
65 290 2.2 125ps custom with 2 side doors 8)
07 350 170ps
Ids v86 licence + v86.04 update + xprog here
Ids map here
loot
Site Moderator

Postby p2thed » Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:18 am

Oil change update
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
p2thed
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Tony Turbo » Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:01 am

At least they are getting there with the fixes.
Tony Turbo
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby robthetiger » Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:12 pm

I've had my limited custom for 5 months, oil change 1600 and now just had another one 3200 mile. its had a respray after delivered with paint missing in 3 places, great van but poor service
robthetiger

Postby robthetiger » Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:20 pm

had my oil changed at 1600 and 3200 miles, FORD forever on repair duty
robthetiger

Postby andz327 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:41 pm

loot wrote:On the euro 5 there's 2 sensors, 1 is engine oil pressure switch 2 is engine oil quality, level and temperature switch.

The above aren't listed on the euro 6 custom 2.0l engine (not that i can find :? )

There's are these tho.

1. fuel filter heater/wif.
2. 3x egr temperature sensors.
3. Reductant (adblu) injector.
4. Reductant heater assy.
5. Pcv valve heater element.
6. Nox sensor and module.

Lot of things need heating lol lot of things that rely on correlating info back to pcm but which can also not correlate to throw a hissy fit.

Oil gets carbon from the bores as it washes them, that's why it goes black, carbon dries the liquid in the oil so if left long enough the oil goes like crude and stops being fluid and stops being able to travel around the engine at high velocity, cooling and lubricating it.

That's the basics anyway. I don't know exactly what is telling the pcm that the oil is rubbish, the oil level and quality sensor works using resistance, resistance up the height of the sensor tells it what level we have, resistance also tells it what temperature the oil is and also what quality, perhaps even measured timed would work fluid oil spill move up and down the sensor faster. But that's a guess really lol.

Anyway that's the info i have.
There may still be sensors as above that aren't on the pcm diagrams etc but the fact is we have limited info and they are all under warranty anyway so just take it back and let the dealers sort it out :-)

If anyone is feeling brave then when it flags up sh*t oil, get the oil changed, see if the warning goes on its own? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Maybe ford are hoping it settles down when the engine is run in more
andz327
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Veki007 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:35 am

FORD = Fix or repair daily

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Veki007
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby John Johnson » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:36 pm

Mines just pinged up at 5880 miles .... :shock:
John Johnson
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby S60r » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:48 am

Beta testing by the customer again... this new oil condition sensor is obviously very sensitive.

The software update above will be tackling it but to what end? Does it "turn off" the sensor? Does it "desensitise" it?

One thing for sure is that the oil can no way go 30k as Ford suggest as the condition is clearly changing way ahead of that. I dropped mine at 10k and it was totally finished. The regens really effect oil condition.... who knows what the adblue is doing to it on the euro 6.

Regardless of sensor or not, I will be changing mine every 10k as a maximum.
S60r
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Mike » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:34 am

S60r wrote: who knows what the adblue is doing to it on the euro 6.

Isn't the adblue injected into the exhaust system? :?
Mike
Wind up merchant!

Postby S60r » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:15 pm

yes Mike, but what is the knock on I wonder? More DPF regens... less? More diesel being dumped into oil? Who knows. For the sensor to be triggered, the oil is obviously being effected. I'm not saying its more than euro 5 but its still obviously happening.
S60r
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby loot » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:32 pm

The other day i was reprogramming my van and as part of it, it lost com's, blanked the bcm and service oil and i think brakes came up. :shock: i reloaded asbuilt and the warnings all went away, it is probable that the data for them is stored in the speedo or pcm but it was interesting to see.

I take it that the resistance of the oil changes depending on its consistency or carbon content (electronics point of view) so is it just a case that the sensor is picking up a set of data that is programmed into the system which tells it that the oil is no good anymore?

A simple update should sort it out in that case or in addition a slight modification to the oil quality sensor.

Failing that, if the oil quality sensor is not reliable then remove the function.
56 350 2.2 130ps mk7 with 2 side doors 8)
65 290 2.2 125ps custom with 2 side doors 8)
07 350 170ps
Ids v86 licence + v86.04 update + xprog here
Ids map here
loot
Site Moderator

Postby Mike » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:40 pm

S60r wrote:yes Mike, but what is the knock on I wonder? More DPF regens... less? More diesel being dumped into oil? Who knows. For the sensor to be triggered, the oil is obviously being effected. I'm not saying its more than euro 5 but its still obviously happening.

Got you. You'd like to hope that the newer tech means less regens, but who knows? I wonder if the euro6 dumps more fuel into the system AND uses adblue, or does the adblue negate the need for more fuel?
Mike
Wind up merchant!

Postby S60r » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:55 pm

Mike wrote:
S60r wrote:yes Mike, but what is the knock on I wonder? More DPF regens... less? More diesel being dumped into oil? Who knows. For the sensor to be triggered, the oil is obviously being effected. I'm not saying its more than euro 5 but its still obviously happening.

Got you. You'd like to hope that the newer tech means less regens, but who knows? I wonder if the euro6 dumps more fuel into the system AND uses adblue, or does the adblue negate the need for more fuel?

I honestly have no idea... I know the adblue is for a cleaner burn, helping nox etc, but if its put in pre or post DPF I don't know.... if its pre DPF then undoubtedly some must get in the sump on occasion..... one thing is for sure... it is affecting the oil according to the sensors. I'm sure Fords fix is to just "quieten" the sensors but that isn't a fix in my book!
S60r
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

PreviousNext

Return to Transit Custom