*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Van x or Baimex curtains?

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Van x or Baimex curtains?

Postby Customcarnage » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:11 pm

Hi,

I've just bought a Tourneo custom and I'm thinking about fitting some cab dividing curtains. I see both Van x and Baimex have these curtains and wondered if anybody knew which are considered the best to fit. Also where on the ceiling of the van is it best to fit the rail. Any advice would be greatly received. Thanks Mark
Customcarnage

Re: Van x or Baimex curtains?

Postby Camper steve » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:06 am

Hi

i have fitted Van x in mine. these rivit into the head lining with the supplied rivits. these work well and i shaped the track to fit between the seatbelt top brackets across the roof so it hangs just behind the chairs and tucks into the columns at the back of the chair when not drawn.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Camper steve
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Customcarnage » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:12 pm

Thanks Steve, those look very smart. Just bought the Vanx after see yours. Another question for you, did you rivit into the front cabin or rear passenger head lining section?
Customcarnage

Postby Camper steve » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:11 am

cant remember without going for a look, think i put it along the join but will have to check. I remember i put it along the line between the seatbelt brackets but just behind so you can get tot he seat belts without having to push past the curtain.
i did the curtains all the way round on the read too, this was before van x offered them tailored for the custom. I bought the ones for the T5 and had the Mrs re machine them on her sewing machine for me. i sent van x the drawings i made for size too so they could work out which ones i could make smaller to fit.
Camper steve
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Customcarnage » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:07 am

Thanks Steve. How are the rivets in the headliner holding up. Any sagging or headliner coming away? Sorry to bother you with all the questions. Thanks
Customcarnage

Postby Camper steve » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:17 am

Customcarnage wrote:Thanks Steve. How are the rivets in the headliner holding up. Any sagging or headliner coming away? Sorry to bother you with all the questions. Thanks

No seems fine so far, but i guess it would depend on the rivits you use. Vanx supply their type which splits into a cross behind the headliner so spreads out wide like a big X.
Camper steve
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Wadey » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:58 pm

Camper steve wrote:
Customcarnage wrote:Thanks Steve. How are the rivets in the headliner holding up. Any sagging or headliner coming away? Sorry to bother you with all the questions. Thanks

No seems fine so far, but i guess it would depend on the rivits you use. Vanx supply their type which splits into a cross behind the headliner so spreads out wide like a big X.

The rivits your describing are called peel back rivets just incase anyone is looking for some there designed to be used on stuff that' a standard rivet will pull through or you can use washers and standard ones to spread the load
just follow the onscreen instructions and it's fairly idiot proof...trouble is, we keep producing better idiots
Wadey
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Kennyb » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:11 pm

Camper steve wrote:Hi

i have fitted Van x in mine. these rivit into the head lining with the supplied rivits. these work well and i shaped the track to fit between the seatbelt top brackets across the roof so it hangs just behind the chairs and tucks into the columns at the back of the chair when not drawn.

Hi you say they are van x which one's did you get I rang van x and they said they didn't do them for the custom just the transit and I had to measure them up , thanks
Kennyb
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby vanvliet » Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:04 pm

I prefer external screens for the front of the van with curtains by Vanx for the rear More of a faff but no condensation issues https://www.taylormade-covers.co.uk/cgi ... &ACTION=Go%2
vanvliet
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Softlips » Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:47 pm

vanvliet wrote:I prefer external screens for the front of the van with curtains by Vanx for the rear More of a faff but no condensation issues https://www.taylormade-covers.co.uk/cgi ... &ACTION=Go%2

Issue for me with those is storing them when wet.
Softlips
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby bolti » Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:26 pm

Softlips wrote:
vanvliet wrote:I prefer external screens for the front of the van with curtains by Vanx for the rear More of a faff but no condensation issues <span class="skimlinks-unlinked">https://www.taylormade-covers.co.uk/cgi-bin/ss000002.pl?page=search&SS=ford+transit+custom&PR=-1&TB=O&ACTION=Go%2</span>

Issue for me with those is storing them when wet.

A good shake and they are almost dry, the rain just beads off. Had a set for about a year, no condensation and also thermally insulate the van summer and winter.
bolti
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Return to Transit Custom