*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Remap for new 2.0 diesel euro 6

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Remap for new 2.0 diesel euro 6

Postby tensilesolutions » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:52 pm

Hi guys,

We're getting two new transit customs with the new 2.0 ecoblue euro 6 engine.

Does anybody know if ford has done it's usual trick and kept all the mechanicals of the engines the same and governed the power output of the engines in its various states of tune by the ecu alone?

Information that we can find is limited. We know that initially there will be 4 states of tune offered in the transit with a further 2 higher outputs to come when the new engine finds its way to the mondeo etc. We also don't think that anyone has yet been able to remap this engines encryted ecu (please correct me if I'm wrong). There are tuning boxes available that will fool the ecu but what I'm hoping is that a 'proper' remap on any of the variants will mean potentially some large power gains for the lower powered variants?

Any information or help would be much appreciated.
tensilesolutions

Re: Remap for new 2.0 diesel euro 6

Postby S60r » Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:56 pm

Hi, ford have locked down their ECU s really welL. The euro v has a number of files available but even this requires bench mapping. The ECU has to be removed and physically opened to write the new file. The same will apply to the euro six. I don't think there are any files available as yet, but I'm sure they won't be long in coming, but then you will have the difficult decision of wether to risk your warranty. Mine is remapped, so the metal guard that stops removal of the ecu has to be removed, the shear bolts replaced, and the ecu opened, tuned and reseated. This will be obvious to Ford should they take a close look, but at a cursory glance all appears normal.

As for the physical differences, that is a well discussed subject on here. I have spoken with swell vans who do a sport option for Ford and they categorically told me there is no difference in the hardware between the tunes. Others on here do not agree but my research backs up what they told me. A remap makes a nice difference in the euro v it will be interesting to see what the new six will be like once tuned.

HTH.
S60r
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Return to Transit Custom