*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Brand new EURO 6 transit problems

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Re: Brand new EURO 6 transit problems

Postby FJ111200 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:40 am

barriec wrote:While at the dealership somebody attempted to clean it, must have been with a bucket of dirty water and a Brillo pad, absolutely shocking :cry:

Name and shame.
I once took my old van to an authorised Ford dealer who power washed off all the underseal from the wheel arches. Top service from Bristol Street Ford of Crewe. D!ckheads.
:idea: :lol: :roll:
FJ111200
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Mike » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:52 am

barriec wrote:While at the dealership somebody attempted to clean it, must have been with a bucket of dirty water and a Brillo pad, absolutely shocking :cry:

It’s only a van, that’s how most people treat them. I always make sure mine is spotless when it goes in and always instruct them that they shouldn’t clean it.
Mike
Wind up merchant!

Postby barriec » Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:54 pm

Think Ford Guildford
barriec
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby HandySparks » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:27 am

barriec wrote:Think Ford Guildford

Ha! I bought mine new there. When I picked it up, the sides were nice and clean but the roof hadn't been touched and was filthy.

Otherwise, no major problems with it.
Transit Custom L1H1 Limited 155 DIB

Electrician in Liphook http://www.neish.co.uk
HandySparks
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby GS500F » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:02 am

Hi There,

I am just doing some research on this engine. I would appreciate if I could get the following.

What the problem was with your injectors:

How many failed:

What did the dealer say:

Where did you buy it from:

What was the wait time:

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
GS500F

Postby richbee » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:37 pm

Mine's in today for the early 'oil change' warning to be sorted out
richbee
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby richbee » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:03 pm

Seems like they changed the oil & filter and reset the fault code , but they were a bit vague if they replaced the dipstick or not

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
richbee
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Markwalsh » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:05 pm

GS500F wrote:Hi There,

I am just doing some research on this engine. I would appreciate if I could get the following.

What the problem was with your injectors: corroded tips on injectors

How many failed: all of them ( but ford will try to just replace the ones showing a fault) the recall requires they are all changed

What did the dealer say: nothing he'll lose the sale if he does

Where did you buy it from: Emmbee

What was the wait time: for the repair 7 weeks after 1st day of deliivery - waited 6 months for the van Nov 2016 - April 2017

Read the first bogs from March April 2017 - Ford have now issued URGENT recall notices for faulty injectors - which were apparently caused by the tips of the injectors corroding in the build system - Ford have known about this issue since February 2017 and still let customers take delivery and all those out there are potential failures, by leaving them unused for extended periods (Winter) exacerbates the issue - wait until March 2018 when the owners start using them again the failure rate will go through the ceiling!!!!
Markwalsh
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby Micromouseuk » Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:34 pm

That’s nice as I have a custom i have just picked up from the dealers with exactly the same problem - service light and limp home mode - and that’s with 40 miles on the clock - I’m within the 30 day rejection period so I’ll see what they say on Monday
Micromouseuk

Postby JOW02 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:21 am

Markwalsh wrote:
GS500F wrote:Hi There,

What the problem was with your injectors: corroded tips on injectors

How many failed: all of them ( but ford will try to just replace the ones showing a fault) the recall requires they are all changed

What did the dealer say: nothing he'll lose the sale if he does

Where did you buy it from: Emmbee

What was the wait time: for the repair 7 weeks after 1st day of deliivery - waited 6 months for the van Nov 2016 - April 2017

Read the first bogs from March April 2017 - Ford have now issued URGENT recall notices for faulty injectors - which were apparently caused by the tips of the injectors corroding in the build system - Ford have known about this issue since February 2017 and still let customers take delivery and all those out there are potential failures, by leaving them unused for extended periods (Winter) exacerbates the issue - wait until March 2018 when the owners start using them again the failure rate will go through the ceiling!!!!

Hi Mark Walsh,
Do you know were I can get a copy of the ford injector recall
JOW02

Postby ellpott74 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:12 am

Took ownership of my ford transit custom 3 weeks ago, been in the dealership for a week and a half now. service light intermittently coming on, loss of power etc. they couldn't tell me why it had happened or when i'm getting the van back.

so frustrating to find out about the injector issue, via this forum, after i've purchased the van! And i'm still waiting for the courtesy vehicle they promised on day 1...the customer service has been shocking. 'we had the wrong number etc etc'

i kind of don't want the van back now but not sure where i stand on a refund.
ellpott74

Postby barriec » Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:49 pm

A/C now packed up on mine. Epsom Ford can't look at it for over a month, probably won't have the parts as per usual.
barriec
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby karl » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:04 pm

barriec wrote:A/C now packed up on mine. Epsom Ford can't look at it for over a month, probably won't have the parts as per usual.

you probley right their

they build these vans and don't have they spare parts to fix them :o

the company i subby for has one of their euro 6 vans in their for a drive shaft :shock:

they don't even have the drive shaft to replace it ( but they did say we can fit aftermarket ). The maintenance manger said no I want a new ford part putting on.they have had this van for 3 months :lol:

so how can after market be available on a brand new van :rol
karl
Tranny Lover!!!

Postby Mikey msrt » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:38 pm

I bought a m sport back in October and have had nothing but problems with the engine. It started with the dreaded knocking noise coming from the timing gear so went to ford which they had for four weeks and completely changed the timing setup, at one point they was going to put a new engine in to it as they couldn’t get it started but eventually did. They broke the left side skirt putting it on the lift. They tried to deny it but agreed to cover the repair. Not long after getting it back I start to notice oil on the ground. Whilst waiting for it to go back in, it goes from a drip to a flow coming out, they put a new timing cover plate on it hoping it will fix but no it’s still leaking and they broke the right side skirt in the process. Ain’t ford great
Keep getting service light coming on and oil change required
Don’t run the same as it did, stutters a fair bit
I’m telling them now that enough is enough and that it should have a new engine put in it now as it’s just crap
Mikey msrt
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby karl » Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:22 pm

Mikey msrt wrote:I bought a m sport back in October and have had nothing but problems with the engine. It started with the dreaded knocking noise coming from the timing gear so went to ford which they had for four weeks and completely changed the timing setup, at one point they was going to put a new engine in to it as they couldn’t get it started but eventually did. They broke the left side skirt putting it on the lift. They tried to deny it but agreed to cover the repair. Not long after getting it back I start to notice oil on the ground. Whilst waiting for it to go back in, it goes from a drip to a flow coming out, they put a new timing cover plate on it hoping it will fix but no it’s still leaking and they broke the right side skirt in the process. Ain’t ford great
Keep getting service light coming on and oil change required
Don’t run the same as it did, stutters a fair bit
I’m telling them now that enough is enough and that it should have a new engine put in it now as it’s just crap

it probley the crank shaft oil seal, but to be honest the oil change light is probley because they didn't do the pre inspection delivery. also you will be waiting a long time if you going down the new engine route :lol:

just in evenhalshaws in Manchester , they have ford rangers sat their with engine faults, and all requiring new engines. and this engine was the old 200ps engine 5 pot one which they stopped making. but then it is in the new rangers :shock: :roll:
karl
Tranny Lover!!!

PreviousNext

Return to Transit Custom