*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Brand new EURO 6 transit problems

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Re: Brand new EURO 6 transit problems

Postby Markwalsh » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:28 pm

Ford have confirmed ALL 4 injectors need replacing and other minor parts in the fuel system "tubes" - The timing gear issue I'm advised is only for vehicles with certain VIN numbers, which you can check on Fords ETIS site and look for a "Field report or recall" if your vehicle isn't listed you will not have been sent a recall notice.
Markwalsh
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby vanvliet » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:53 am

Fingers crossed but my 130 Kombi hightop SWB has been a joy to drive in the first 1000 miles since delivery in Feb .Plenty of grunt in the midrange and drives like a car . Fuel consumption dash reading 35 mpg
A dealer told me that the high top Kombi has been discontinued on the Ford order sheets
vanvliet
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby v363hungaryeur6 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:55 pm

Slowly 1 month ago without a car, that is, with a small one. With 190 cm my back is hurt. Transit is more comfortable. But Hungary is a small market, so it will end up at the very end ....
Supposedly the supplier of atomizers is a madman. But I ask: if this is a peak of luxury vignals, would it be fast-paced? ... Jah, it's just a truck, you know.
Ford Köln -->The Silence of the Lambs :oops: :oops: :evil: :roll: :roll:
v363hungaryeur6

Postby Markwalsh » Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:57 pm

Advised All 4 injectors need replacing and some "tubes" injectors arrived last week, but no tubes - tubes not due in until 1st week in May - not good really, in 1 month have only had use of the Camper for 1 day! - 35 days to replace 4 injectors totally unacceptable.
Markwalsh
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby snowie » Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:17 pm

Markwalsh. Can i ask who advised that all 4 injectors required replacing?
Following my single injector being replaced, I had the error show 8 times, and the engine loose power dramatically, with no error showing, many more times.
Fuel consumption was also 19.8mpg and 20.6mpg over 2 refills using almost a full tank each time, when this was happening.
I left it with the dealer all last week. They put 150 miles on it without any problem, and the fuel consumption they achieved was 30.8mpg
I was obsessed with taking it easy to get best possible mpg but could only manage figures above.
Dealer told me if they can't find a fault, they can't fix it.
If it is Ford who advise changing all four injectors, I'll be back at the dealer questioning why only one of mine was replaced.
snowie
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Markwalsh » Tue May 02, 2017 1:45 pm

Hi Snowie,
Ford advised me that 3 of the 4 injectors were faulty, however, they were going to replace all 4 as a precaution, I can only assume that the fault only occurs after certain load conditions and logs the fault on the first injector to pack up or appears as a fault, possibly if each injector registers a fault they will replace only the ones needed, once they have been replaced with a redesigned or replacement injector ( I was told they have had a batch of faulty injectors installed to a number of vehicles but they don't know which ones) or even which country, as such the vehicles are being sold to the public with potential faults and they're using the customers to identify the problems, a bit naughty really as it may only be a matter of time before the problem causes an accident as mine nearly did on the motorway!!!!
Markwalsh
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby Markwalsh » Tue May 02, 2017 1:59 pm

Hi Guys

I wasn't quite sure what "back order" means but I have been advised by Ford that this means that there are no parts in the UK nor in Germany, they will only become available when the factory manufacturing the injectors goes into production this is normally to supply the factory where the engines are assembled and during this production phase they will manufacture the ones required for repair vehicles, so you will have to wait until the production run is carried out before they make yours.
Once they have been manufactured they are sent to Cologne for distribution around Europe and its quite normal for this to take 3 weeks from arriving at the factory in Cologne to arriving at the UK distribution point in Daventry where they are then distributed to the various dealers.
Hence the reason for taking 5 - 6 weeks to repair a vehicle - Ford are not forthcoming with how many vehicles are affected as they don't know which vehicles the faulty injectors went into, Ford are also unwilling to take the injectors from the assembly line to replace the injectors on customers faulty vehicles, as this would affect production and to quote the Ford dealer - customers are at the bottom of the pile when it comes to either production or repair!!!
Markwalsh
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby Seamonkey » Tue May 02, 2017 2:35 pm

Well how nice of them!
I ordered my new one in January and it's about to be delivered in 2 weeks. So after reading this thread I'm really worried about the van I'll get. Had already an injector replaced in my 2013 Custom.
I hope I didn't buy a shitty van. The reason I ordered a new one is because the warranty was expired and I need it on the road all day every day.
Seamonkey
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby snowie » Tue May 02, 2017 4:28 pm

Thanks for that Markwalsh. Mine is going back to the Dealer next week. They already had it for a week when I was on holiday. They did 140 miles on it, (using fuel I bought), but did not have any alarms, therefore could not identify the problem.
They tell me that if there is an alarm, (mine comes up as 'Service Required'), and then stop the engine and remove the key, the fault code is deleted. This to me is an idiotic way to identify problems.
So what they are intending to do is to connect it up to a computer, which will pick up any alarms, which they can then use to identify the problem.
After they put 140 miles on it without the error occurring, I got it back. First long run, and the error re-appeared. Over the weekend using it, the error occurred 4 times, plus about 6 times when the engine simply died, without an error. The last time it died completely, and cut out. I was lucky enough that this happened just at a long layby, and was able to pull in.
I may mention to the dealer that you are getting a 4 injectors replaced as a precaution, and that Ford are aware of a problem, and using customers to identify where the problems are.
Even if they find a problem, it's not good news about the wait for replacement parts.
snowie
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Pjw » Tue May 09, 2017 9:07 am

Hi I collected brand new camper van in January and within a couple of miles the "Service required " message came on with loss of power. The problem resolves it self within about half a mile. Motor home dealers unable to help but do tell me 3 other customers with the same engine type are suffering the same issues.
The first visit to my local Transit dealer not good as they return it with no fault found . After a 300 mile trip the issue is happening more often which is more alarming when going up any steep gradient. My local Transit dealer always has 3 to 4 week delay before they can accept it. After keeping in for a week on the second visit they informed me it requires 3 fuel injectors which require replacing. I waited another few weeks as they were as other posts say they are on back order.
After having these 3 injectors replaced the problem is better but the issue still persists but not as often. My vehicle is currently back in the dealer awaiting further I vestigation. The vehicle is now 4 months old with only 1000 miles , with hindsight I would have bought a Fiat Ducats version of my camper van.
Pjw

Postby Peterposh » Wed May 10, 2017 5:38 pm

it seems like it's only campers ?
Peterposh
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby markw123 » Wed May 10, 2017 7:42 pm

no not just campers my m sport custom is doing it as well

spoke to ford 3 weeks ago , they said it was an injector issue , took it in yesterday and apparently its a dodgy map..? so they uploaded a new map..

5 mins down the road and it happens again, so they have now said it needs 4 new injectors and dont drive it , here have a courtesy vehicle with no leather, dab, sat nav, air con and 105bhp..shite

they are on back order from germany with no time frame

so after throwing my toys out vospers say phone and make a formal complaint, i did and there coming back to me tomorrow

i understand everyone has problems but this is not acceptable, i have said to the complaints people one of the two needs to happen
1 - they provide me with a new m sport van and they can have mine back
2 - they refund my money and i'll go and buy a vw ..!

this has soured what should be a really cool van and a nice experience... pissed off
markw123
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Seamonkey » Wed May 10, 2017 10:05 pm

How long have you had that M Sport?
What I read in this thread got me worried.
So basicly all of the Customs that are being sold today have faulty injectors, and they need to wait a few weeks for repairs because the pieces are in backorder?
My new van is coming in 2 weeks. I hope I can drive it.
Seamonkey
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby sparker000 » Thu May 11, 2017 9:54 am

Seamonkey,

If modified injectors are available then these I am sure would have been fitted to vans in production at the earliest point. The problem is then that the manufacturer can't produce the new injectors fast enough to supply replacement for the faulty ones.
Ford will not slow the production lines to supply spare parts.
When the Custom first came out there was a shortage of spares for the same reason, especially body panels.

As said on here, when a new engine is developed, those that buy the first units will be testing them in real life and millions of combined miles, problems are bound to found. Hopefully these problems will be resolved and modified parts fitted, so you get a more reliable product and Ford don't have the expense of recalls.

Also problems are more prominent on this site for obvious reasons. Look how many new 'chrome strip' Customs are out there on the road, there not all in Ford garages.

Hopefully you won't have the same problems and can enjoy your cracking M Sport.
sparker000
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Seamonkey » Thu May 11, 2017 12:30 pm

M Sport? Haha. I wish.
M Sports are UK only.
Regular Sport here.
Seamonkey
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

PreviousNext