*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Brand new EURO 6 transit problems

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Brand new EURO 6 transit problems

Postby snowie » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:03 pm

Hi, Found this site when looking for some info on the new Euro 6 130PS engine Transit Custom.
I've just bought a new one. It's a campervan from a very well known and respected conversion company.
It was their demonstrator van, and I bought it with 600 miles on the clock.
Collected it from their workshop in Yorkshire, and after driving 50 miles or so, I got an 'information message alarm' stating 'service required', and at the same time the engine went into 'limp mode'.
After a mile or so, it all returned to normal, and the alarm disappeared, and engine back to normal power.
Unfortunately, the same thing happened approx 20 times on the journey north to Inverness.
Next day, it happened about 20 times while driving 60 miles or so. Overtaking is a definite no-no!
Contacted Ford in Inverness, and it was brought in for investigation.
They diagnosed a faulty fuel injector, (on a van with 600 miles on the clock), and after waiting for almost 2 weeks for replacement parts to arrive from Germany, an injector was replaced.
Collected van with new injector fitted, and during a 140 mile journey next day, same alarm and loss of power going to limp mode occurred 3 times.
The alarm, and going to limp mode, happens on 'slight inclines', when the engine is put under a little bit of strain.
Nothing serious which would necessitate dropping down the gears, but just a slight incline.
I'll get the van booked in again after this weekend's trip to Glasgow.
Just wondering if anyone here has had any similar experiences of this, and how/if it was resolved.
Many thanks.
snowie
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: Brand new EURO 6 transit problems

Postby V184 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:45 pm

Wiring ?
V184
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby v363hungaryeur6 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:06 pm

Hi

My transit mk8 v363 2.0 130hp eur 6. Drive 750 km , service required. Engine will be sluggish acceleration, overtaking is not possible to be all right from now and then a little while. First, the second cylinder, and marked the third cylinder carburetor problem.
I love my car, but it's glued to the rear door sticker on the speed limiter (80 km / h) or: "Relax, it's all you can" sign.
Service helpful. They will do our best. They are not yet know what the reason may be.
Ford Köln -->The Silence of the Lambs :oops: :oops: :evil: :roll: :roll:
v363hungaryeur6

Postby Markwalsh » Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:13 pm

Hi There
I just picked up a brand new Transit Euro 6 170 Motorhome on Monday 27.3.17 from with 1 mile on the clock, drove it to a camp site 2 miles away to get used to it overnight and to sort out any Habitation issues everything looked ok.
Started the drive back on Tuesday morning to London, as soon as I got on the motorway the message came up "service required" it had only done 29 miles! I stopped immediately at a service station, turned the engine off and the back on again and the message disappeared, I contacted the dealer who advised it may just require a reset.
None of the dealers around Warrington could book me in for 14 days!
So I continued the journey home 250 miles and the "service required" message came on and disappeared 50 - 60 times, and went into limp mode each time took me 8 hours to get from London to Manchester.

Called Ford assist (AA) who came out and plugged their machine in and cleared 8 messages, took the camper out again, ok initially around town, then got onto the motorway and the same thing happened again at about 50 -60mph "service required".
Took the camper into my local Ford dealer, I advised them I was going on holiday in it on Friday 31.3.17, they kindly plugged it in on the Wed 29.3.17 but advised be that there was either an injector problem or fuel contamination, it wasn't just a reset.
Since speaking to my supplying dealer he has advised that Ford will do a fuel test to eliminate the possibility of the owner putting ad blue in the diesel or diesel in the add Blue and then it looks like it's an injector problem, th einjectors need to come from cologne in Germany and then to the UK - so I'm still waiting on the dealer getting back to me
Markwalsh
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby 1014rk » Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:25 pm

Hi Mark,
I have the same problem, I collected on 10th March, my Motorhome is in Ford Dealer awaiting an injector coming from Germany. They are on back order, due in U.K. 10th April.

Tho only difference is my one has never logged a fault code yet.

Have you been informed about the recall on the timing gear yet!

Good luck
1014rk

Postby snowie » Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:39 pm

Marcwalsh, that is identical to my problem. I have had one injector replaced. Van ran okay after replacement installed until I got on to A9 dual carriageway, then cruising about 60mph error appeared 3 times. Since injector replaced it has reappeared 6 times in total, so it is not resolved. I'm on holiday in the van until 24th April, and will monitor it. Then van is then booked in to Ford dealer for investigation.
It's definitely not contaminated fuel. My van had 600 miles on clock and the error occurred 10 times or so before I added fuel, and apparently never experienced any problems during the 600 miles.
Out of curiosity, is yours a Wellhouse campervan?
snowie
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby v363hungaryeur6 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:18 pm

v363hungaryeur6

Postby snowie » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:55 am

Hi 1014rk,
As well as my van giving an error 'Service Required', and losing power going into 'limp mode', there are occasions where the engine just dies, starts spluttering, the instant fuel consumption indicator shows around 5mpg, but no error or info indicator.
On a longish journey, 280 miles, this happened perhaps 10 times, and over the whole journey, average fuel consumption as measured by filling at start and end, was down to 21.8mpg. Which is rubbish.
Any other users got an estimate of their fuel consumption?
The more info I have when it goes into Ford dealer the better.
snowie
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby v363hungaryeur6 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:44 pm

Hi
I only premium diesel fuel into the car.
v363hungaryeur6

Postby ms11aky » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:10 am

1014rk wrote:Hi Mark,
I have the same problem, I collected on 10th March, my Motorhome is in Ford Dealer awaiting an injector coming from Germany. They are on back order, due in U.K. 10th April.

Good luck

Yes I got informed yesterday about recall timing gear about 4 days work with about 14 parts to change?????? rattle from engine???
ms11aky

Postby v363hungaryeur6 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:14 pm

Why should the best practices in change?
2.2 blocks have been proven to 3.2 as well.
The PSA blocks. But should the ECO BLUE.
Jah Low power consumption, eco-friendly: If there is a repair shop.
:oops: :oops: :oops: :( :( :evil: :evil: :twisted: :twisted:
v363hungaryeur6

Postby Markwalsh » Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:05 pm

[quote="snowie"]Marcwalsh, that is identical to my problem. I have had one injector replaced. Van ran okay after replacement installed until I got on to A9 dual carriageway, then cruising about 60mph error appeared 3 times. Since injector replaced it has reappeared 6 times in total, so it is not resolved. I'm on holiday in the van until 24th April, and will monitor it. Then van is then booked in to Ford dealer for investigation.
It's definitely not contaminated fuel. My van had 600 miles on clock and the error occurred 10 times or so before I added fuel, and apparently never experienced any problems during the 600 miles.
Out of curiosity, is yours a Wellhouse campervan?[No it's not a Wellhouse campervan, out of interest did they replace 1 injector or all 4?]
Markwalsh
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby Markwalsh » Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:11 pm

ms11aky wrote:
1014rk wrote:Hi Mark,

Good luck

Yes I got informed yesterday about recall timing gear about 4 days work with about 14 parts to change?????? rattle from engine???[I've been advised by Ford SMC Crayford it's not a recall but they will only replace it when it goes wrong as it's only happened to 1 in a 1000 vehicles, it starts with a rattle and it's 6 hours labour to fix plus parts so you can see why they are not doing it under a safety recall, not good news when the warranty is coming to an end!!!!]
Markwalsh
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby snowie » Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:16 pm

Hi Markwalsh,
Only one injector replaced initially.
However following this one replacement, I still get the error/message (6 times now), plus the engine suddenly dying with loss of power, but no error message.
On top of that, with very careful driving, i.e. light on the accelerator, I'm only managing to get 21.8mpg.
It's really rubbish!
snowie
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby v363hungaryeur6 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:29 pm

snowie wrote:Hi Markwalsh,
Only one injector replaced initially.
However following this one replacement, I still get the error/message (6 times now), plus the engine suddenly dying with loss of power, but no error message.
On top of that, with very careful driving, i.e. light on the accelerator, I'm only managing to get 21.8mpg.
It's really rubbish!

Really "suction" diesel! But without the old turbo diesels .....
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
v363hungaryeur6

Next

Return to Transit Custom