*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Brand new EURO 6 transit problems

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Re: Brand new EURO 6 transit problems

Postby barriec » Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:56 am

karl wrote:
barriec wrote:A/C now packed up on mine. Epsom Ford can't look at it for over a month, probably won't have the parts as per usual.

you probley right their

they build these vans and don't have they spare parts to fix them :o

the company i subby for has one of their euro 6 vans in their for a drive shaft :shock:

they don't even have the drive shaft to replace it ( but they did say we can fit aftermarket ). The maintenance manger said no I want a new ford part putting on.they have had this van for 3 months :lol:

so how can after market be available on a brand new van :rol

Mine has been of the road for over Six weeks since I've had it due to them waiting for parts every time it goes wrong.
barriec
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby clemmy » Wed May 02, 2018 4:13 pm

Hi, I live in Italy and I'm looking to buy a second hand van, vw T or Ford Custom, possibly with Euro 6 engine. If it was Ford... is there a way to check if the engine suffers from the problem to the injectors? Any specific engine code which is more or less prone to such problem?

And, if a second hand van does have problematic injectors and no warranty.. what would be the price if the repair?

Thanks in advance ;-)
clemmy
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby clemmy » Mon May 07, 2018 4:48 pm

clemmy wrote:Hi, I live in Italy and I'm looking to buy a second hand van, vw T or Ford Custom, possibly with Euro 6 engine. If it was Ford... is there a way to check if the engine suffers from the problem to the injectors? Any specific engine code which is more or less prone to such problem?

And, if a second hand van does have problematic injectors and no warranty.. what would be the price if the repair?

Thanks in advance ;-)
No clues anyone?
clemmy
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Dambuster1517 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:49 pm

So bought my brand new Chausson 646 last week with 10 miles on the clock in Preston, drove it home ( brighton) 110 miles later on the M6 and service required warning came on, then cleared, 330 miles comes on again and clears.. got it home used it next day for first trip away, ( only 20 miles away) came on and cleared twice, ( all of these with no limp mode but initial power loss till cleared) then 1 mile from home on again with limp mode. Goes in for investigation at ford on Friday.. glad I've found this thread as injectors will be my first words on arriving..
Dambuster1517

Postby barriec » Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:49 pm

Small update mine is in again.Change engine oil 4th or 5th time now. Business partners sat have gone wonky and they don't know how to fix it, his change engine light on again.Spoke to the head mechanic he said he is sick to death of post 2016 Transits and would not recommend buying one. I am going lose a rake of money but its getting traded in asap when I get it back.Probably going back to VW.
barriec
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Dambuster1517 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:07 pm

Ok so mine gone in today.. needs 4 new injectors, on back order 7-10days .. advised not to drive it till changed
Dambuster1517

Postby Northernmike » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:53 pm

Hi a newbie to the world of forums

Bought and collected a new benimar tessoro with euro 6 engine 24 may 2018, only 10 miles registered on the odometer.

Within 15 minutes and 2 miles of dealer premises in durham the "service required" bells and dashboard message appeared. This continued intermittently on my 300 mile journey home in the highlands of scotland with a momentary power loss on each occasion

Booked vehicle in at Local inverness ford dealer on morning of 25 may and the vehicle was checked out on 4th june . FOUR new injectors required repair delayed by at least one day awaiting delivery of one injector

Have not fully tested van, ford dealer road tested for about 20 miles.

Will post my experiences after first holiday away, meanwhile reading updates and new posts on this forum somewhat avidly having I hope successfully posted this my first message today 12th june 2018
Northernmike

Postby barriec » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:49 pm

There's a simple answer, the vans are crap.
barriec
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Veki007 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:10 am

barriec wrote:There's a simple answer, the vans are crap.
Agreed FORD=Fix Or Repair Daily

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Veki007
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Peterposh » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:07 pm

My 2016 tourneo had the oil change message come up at 7 k, the dealer sorted it and now it's come up again at 18k , it's going in again in July
Peterposh
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Peterposh » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:18 pm

Ive been really pleased with mine, apart from the oil messages, I'm getting about 38 to 40 mpg
Peterposh
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby MMR_bull » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:17 pm

the solution for chain oil is install OBD and app fordscan lite and you know when transit do regeneration.
MMR_bull

Postby Leanda » Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:26 pm

Mikey msrt wrote:I bought a m sport back in October and have had nothing but problems with the engine. It started with the dreaded knocking noise coming from the timing gear so went to ford which they had for four weeks and completely changed the timing setup, at one point they was going to put a new engine in to it as they couldn’t get it started but eventually did. They broke the left side skirt putting it on the lift. They tried to deny it but agreed to cover the repair. Not long after getting it back I start to notice oil on the ground. Whilst waiting for it to go back in, it goes from a drip to a flow coming out, they put a new timing cover plate on it hoping it will fix but no it’s still leaking and they broke the right side skirt in the process. Ain’t ford great
Keep getting service light coming on and oil change required
Don’t run the same as it did, stutters a fair bit
I’m telling them now that enough is enough and that it should have a new engine put in it now as it’s just crap
Mikey msrt wrote:I bought a m sport back in October and have had nothing but problems with the engine. It started with the dreaded knocking noise coming from the timing gear so went to ford which they had for four weeks and completely changed the timing setup, at one point they was going to put a new engine in to it as they couldn’t get it started but eventually did. They broke the left side skirt putting it on the lift. They tried to deny it but agreed to cover the repair. Not long after getting it back I start to notice oil on the ground. Whilst waiting for it to go back in, it goes from a drip to a flow coming out, they put a new timing cover plate on it hoping it will fix but no it’s still leaking and they broke the right side skirt in the process. Ain’t ford great
Keep getting service light coming on and oil change required
Don’t run the same as it did, stutters a fair bit
I’m telling them now that enough is enough and that it should have a new engine put in it now as it’s just crap
1014rk wrote:Hi Mark,
I have the same problem, I collected on 10th March, my Motorhome is in Ford Dealer awaiting an injector coming from Germany. They are on back order, due in U.K. 10th April.

Tho only difference is my one has never logged a fault code yet.

Have you been informed about the recall on the timing gear yet!

Good luck
Leanda

Postby Leanda » Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:33 pm

Hi all taken my MST to garage Thursday with the timing gear noise , I can’t belive I’ve had to pay extra money to my insurance to cover me to drive there certacy van , while there repairing mine apparently for a week ?? I’m telling them Monday if I don’t get it back then I’m going to go mad ! And demand my money back as it’s been a pain from start including acsulay buying it ! I’ve only had it 3 months and it’s been in garage 3 times allready , reading this sounds like I’m not going to be getting it back in a week then ????
Leanda

Postby barriec » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:00 pm

Mine has had the timing gear done twice
barriec
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

PreviousNext

Return to Transit Custom