*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Battery Replacement / Upgrade

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Re: Battery Replacement / Upgrade

Postby yasser » Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:21 pm

factotum wrote:
yasser wrote:The only thing I can think of is if you remove/cut away the carpet and sound deadening underneath the battery box to drop it down a bit. Might give you 5-10mm back

I did think about that. I also thought about bending the slide tabs that are rubbing up slightly...

Working with the seat in place is such a drag! I presume as a safety I should pull the airbag fuse before disconnecting the seat electrical harness connector or is this overkill?

I also attach a 12v lab power supply to the battery jump start terminal under the hood (and steel chassis obviously) to maintain the memory / settings while the batteries are out. Any reason I shouldn't do it this way?

When I was putting a 3rd battery in my first custom DCiV, when I undid the 4 torx bolts holding the seat rails I could just lift it off and put it on the rear bench seat(pull all the seat belt out and wedge it so it doesn't go back in makes it easier) so if you only have a van i'm sure you could get it onto the passenger seat. I think the only electrics on the seat are for the heated seats and there was enough cable to move without disconnecting just unclipped in place. the airbags will be connected to the seatbelt tensioner and you shouldn't be going there.
310 DCiV L2 Limited 155
yasser
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Re: Battery Replacement / Upgrade

Postby Andrus » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:32 pm

Hi,
Same thing here: van 2,5 years and aux battery dead: 7 V output.
Van starts perfectly, problems with no working AUX heater and radio cuts off when key off + cigaret lighter output drops after couple minutes.
Call to Ford service and they said that first try to charge second battery nowand see is it helps ... at least once per year. ( It did not help ) and as response Ford offered to replace single battery 129€.
Van have warranty and I decided let them make replacement with my own bought aftermarket batteries.
Trouble and screw up is that DETA = Exide battery replacement information say, that on Ford Custom 2,2 155PS goes DA722 : 278 x175x175mm batteries. WHICH IS WRONG !!!! :evil:
Actually there goes 315 x 175x175 mm. IN BEMM written that :
Twin Battery (without Start-Stop)
Battery Configuration B
6C16-10655-C_ * 700 CCA (80Ah @ 20 hour rate. Quantity 2 Size T7
Ford service refused to replace smaller batteries ( DETA Senator 3 were only 72 Ah )
Hope that It not gonna be problem , because now I have 800 CCA and 85Ah DETA Senator 3 DA852 .
Andrus
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Previous

Return to Transit Custom