*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Still undecided

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Still undecided

Postby Ting Tong » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:55 am

Had a 270 130 Limited TC for a couple of hours and took it round all manner of road types. Great, just the bounce.
Did same route in The VW Tranny. No bounce but overall impression at the end was --just paying a lot more for a name.

Previous thread I asked about how much weight to remove the hard bounce from the rear suss in a 270. No one was specific, just comments like not much. How much is not much?

next step is to hire one and start adding bags of whatever and see what happens. Not found a hire co in North East that has any yet.

I appreciate that most of you guys use these as a workhorse so there is always weight in the back and a smoother ride. For me it's a UTE and a TOY . Most people think I am insane for wanting a bigger van but--life is too GD short and ye canny take it with you
Ting Tong
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Re: Still undecided

Postby Mike » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:06 am

Ting Tong wrote:Previous thread I asked about how much weight to remove the hard bounce from the rear suss in a 270. No one was specific, just comments like not much. How much is not much?

:roll:
Mike wrote:It depends where you put the weight, 100kg over the back wheels calms it down, but two passengers won't. I assume it won't be run empty (why buy a van) so I expect you to find it fine in day to day use.

Tip: If you keep asking the same questions and not reading the responses, people will get pissed off with you. :wink:
Mike
Wind up merchant!

Postby Ting Tong » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:12 am

Point taken Mike-- not sure why that one did not register.
Ting Tong
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby keeff » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:44 pm

I had a sport and carried between 200 to 300 kg spread over the floor and it was ok . You could try a pair of adjustable rear shock . You would need to be able to stiffen the rebound up .You could call Gaz shocks .i have a vw now and the progressive coil spring work great with a empty van but like you say they come at a price. Mine was £2000 more but I couldn't make a custom handle like a transporter for £2000

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
keeff
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Return to Transit Custom