*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Help and Advice

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Help and Advice

Postby GregArcher » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:59 am

Hi All, after some advice...
Have 2014 Custom DCIV Ltd...want to upgrade the wheels, lower suspension and fit Ford Sat Nav unit to it..I cannot for life of me find anywhere that clearly sells these..
Any help greatly appreciated..
Thanks
Greg
GregArcher

Re: Help and Advice

Postby S60r » Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:21 am

Hi, there aren't many choices with the wheels. The genuine Ford msport are nice but so costly.

I went aftermarket, the 2 choices I had shortlisted were wolfrace assassin and the Calibre odyssey which is what I have as they are gloss black with no shiny bits. For the purposes of example both are pictured in the link below but I didn't get them from there as they can be found much cheaper. The key with the wheels once you have matched the PCD/ offset/ dimensions etc is to make sure they are load rated. The calibre's are 1250kg each I believe.

http://www.vanstyle.co.uk/van/accessori ... _5968.html

The suspension, just search on here, there are loads who have done it... it's not for me so I can't advise.

The sat nav, again, some have retrofitted and it can be done but to get the oem Ford unit will be £££'s in comparison to aftermarket or standalone unit but I totally get why you wouldn't want the latter. eBay is worth keeping an eye on for the Nav either a newly removed due to upgrade unit or breakers yards.

I use the iPhone and google maps. You can have it play through the sync and there is a sync based nav I think but google maps has proven better than any oem sat nav I have ever used.
S60r
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Re: Help and Advice

Postby GregArcher » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:39 pm

Thank you...
GregArcher

Return to Transit Custom