*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Long time no speak.

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Long time no speak.

Postby dan_robinson » Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:03 pm

Hello.... Been a while.

Just pushed the button on my new van as it is 3 years since I had my last Custom delivered.

Just ordered this:

170PS Auto
Magnetic
Pop up rack
LED lights
Tyre pressure monitoring
Premium visibility pack and ACC
Sat Nav
Twin side loading doors. Barn rear doors
230V Power plug.

On a 3 year lease for £440 a month

Have been told to expect a September delivery :shock: :shock: , but hope it comes sooner while there is some residual value left in my old 125PS, Limited Custom with Sat Nav and Pop up rack that is just about to break a relatively pain free 70,000 mile barrier.

Any ideas on the chances of an early delivery?

Also looking at some accessories for... don't want to do anything to the wheels or suspension or anything, but will be getting a Sortimo racking system fitted to make the most of the two doors and hatch under the seat.

Thinking of getting some outward facing draws etc on the passenger side lifted up so that my pipes can slide underneath, then use the driver side as general access. Why they don't move the battery from under the driver and put the hatch there for the UK I don't know. with it where it is it potentially wastes so much load space as you need to get a false floor fitted really to allow a flat area.

Hey ho.

A little worried about the reports I've heard with problems on the 170 and the idler gears. But hoping too that this has been addressed at the factory now and it was just the early units? Haven'#t found any references to it here though???
dan_robinson
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Return to Transit Custom