*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Rear view mirror with camera

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Re: Rear view mirror with camera

Postby richbee » Tue May 09, 2017 4:19 pm

vanvliet wrote:
S60r wrote:Haha! Yes, I have to be honest, if I were to do it again I would use a wireless camera and LCD. There are plenty around and they are only another 30-40 quid.

Came across this kit. Looks like the same screen as yours and is 'wireless' for a very reasonable £50 . Has anyone fitted one?
EBay https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/252928744846

I'm wondering about one of these - did read somewhere that the cheap wireless systems are not brilliant quality in terms of picture '& interference from external sources.
Guess it's swings and roundabouts versus having to run wiring the entire length of the van
richbee
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Re: Rear view mirror with camera

Postby S60r » Tue May 09, 2017 11:42 pm

Yes that's the exact conclusion I came to.... went wired and the quality is great. If it wasn't I could upgrade cam or screen or both..... if the wireless transmit/receive is crap you have nowhere to go with it.

The screen and cam look the same as mine, I can't comment on the wireless quality..... you still have to do the fiddly bits with the wireless setup in the reverse feed and the power pick up.... the long run of cable is easy, just time consuming.

Good luck with it, whichever way you go.... any probs once you're underway pop a question up on this thread :)
S60r
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Previous

Return to Transit Custom