*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Latest nav software

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Re: Latest nav software

Postby seikokid » Mon May 08, 2017 7:53 am

that's the problem i'm getting. i left it in for a whole journey and still it stated "sat nav not working"
i was hoping for the ford nav to become better with this update because i run both google and it together and unless you are driving in a straight line it is hopeless and will take you the longest , most congested route.
it doesn't adjust your arrival time either.
i'll try what you've suggested and let you know if i get it working
tbans
seikokid
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby sparker000 » Mon May 08, 2017 11:58 am

Hi Seikokid, S60r,

Maybe try leaving the software loading for a while after the unit has rebooted. Just thinking that even though it says it has finished loading it might still be completing the task in the back ground. Other than that mine just started working fine after seeing the satnav not available message a couple of times and then turning the van off opening the door so the unit switched off.

Apart from the new road not showing on the map the journey was fine. It kept saying there is congestion on route but it didn't reroute, I still believe it did take me the fasted journey possible but that might just be luck.

I think any system is going to start to struggle against Google with the investments they are making. The only problem is how much data allowance you have on your phone tariff, when I used Google routes in France along side the built in unit it seemed to use a lot.

When you know where you are going, you can always find the satnavs taking you on a route you know isn't the fastest way but I guess that isn't when you need them. When you are somewhere you don't know it is still quicker to follow the instructions for the longer journey than to go completely the wrong way or go round in circles.
sparker000
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby seikokid » Mon May 08, 2017 9:42 pm

ok. a few on and offs, door open and close and locking the van and somehow it worked
lots of SD card errors and sat nav not working then..... it worked. Will try it tomorrow
seikokid
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby seikokid » Sat May 13, 2017 8:23 pm

i am getting intermittent error notices as i did when trying to get it to work
seikokid
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby sparker000 » Sun May 14, 2017 7:31 am

seikokid wrote:i am getting intermittent error notices as i did when trying to get it to work

It is genuine Ford SD? Assuming it is I would get in touch with the Ford supplier and see if they can help. I don't know if they get doggy cards or if they have some tricks to help load it properly. Should have the same warranty as any Ford part.
sparker000
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby botacco » Sun May 14, 2017 6:48 pm

seikokid wrote:i've bought V7 for my euro 5 which has V6 but it is not working which is why i ask.

Where did you buy and how much does it cost?

My local dealer has no clue about any SW updates
botacco
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby loot » Sun May 14, 2017 7:11 pm

It makes sense to load updates to the SD card so you can use it straight away but I wonder if it is also possible to update the radio as a module using ids similar to pcm update? Perhaps someone can check? OK it won't update the map data in case you thought it might but still, it might work better? :-)
56 350 2.2 130ps mk7 with 2 side doors 8)
65 290 2.2 125ps custom with 2 side doors 8)
07 350 170ps
Ids v86 licence + v86.04 update + xprog here
Ids map here
loot
Site Moderator

Postby sparker000 » Sun May 14, 2017 10:34 pm

botacco wrote:
seikokid wrote:i've bought V7 for my euro 5 which has V6 but it is not working which is why i ask.

Where did you buy and how much does it cost?

My local dealer has no clue about any SW updates

Parts no. 2093759.
2017 V7.
£89 I think.
sparker000
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Previous

Return to Transit Custom