*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Dciv quick release rear bench seat

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Dciv quick release rear bench seat

Postby Nuclear Penguin » Tue May 02, 2017 5:08 pm

Has anyone made their rear bench seat quick release, using something like an unwin system?

Wouldnt need to remove that often would would be well handy to be able too.
Any ideas etc welcome
Cheers
NucPen
Nuclear Penguin

Re: Dciv quick release rear bench seat

Postby richbee » Tue May 02, 2017 5:12 pm

No is the short answer - but would be interested to see if anyone else has - presumably as well as removing the bulkhead?
richbee
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Nuclear Penguin » Tue May 02, 2017 5:22 pm

Im leaving the bulkhead in, want to make the seat removable so I can build some bunkbeds to fit in its place :D
Nuclear Penguin

Postby yorkslad » Tue May 02, 2017 6:25 pm

hello! im a newbie here but i looked into this before i bought my van, now ive got it, its on the "when ive got the cash" list. i had a mwb sprinter with the unwin rail system and its really good but it came fitted when i got the sprinter. in terms of the transit i cant afford to take it to a co - trim type place to have the seats fitted for me so looked at the diy option... and came up against a lot of different stories. the length of rail needed to get vosa/insurance approval, raising the floor dependent on how you fix the rails and what rails you get, type of seats used to get correct space between rails, some people said windows had to be in if seats were in... it got complicated and the costs racked up so ive left it for now but would be interested to hear how you get on. cheers
yorkslad

Return to Transit Custom