*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Van theft

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Van theft

Postby Elltell85 » Tue May 02, 2017 8:38 pm

Im making awareness that my 15 plate transit custom was broken into last night with a skeleton key via the drivers side door. I live in the Nottingham area so please be aware.
Elltell85

Re: Van theft

Postby Mike » Tue May 02, 2017 9:18 pm

Mike
Wind up merchant!

Postby Camper steve » Thu May 04, 2017 7:23 am

for those of you that have seen the OBD video

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/222300302001

cheap fix that will fool most that try it, powers plug (so appears active to thieves) but gives no data connection
Camper steve
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby richbee » Fri May 05, 2017 4:16 pm

It might seem a bit crude, but has anyone tried fitting a battery powered shed alarm into the cab - so it is completely separate from the van systems - will just make a noise if anyone breaks in - but might be a deterrent?
richbee
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Twocky61 » Fri May 05, 2017 4:34 pm

Hi Elltell85

Sorry to hear about your loss

My reply to Spike's post might lighten your heart :)

But anyway Elltell I hope it is recovered; preferably intact

tc Elltell

Nick
Twocky61
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby jovin04 » Fri May 12, 2017 7:48 am

Elltell85 wrote:Im making awareness that my 15 plate transit custom was broken into last night with a skeleton key via the drivers side door. I live in the Nottingham area so please be aware.

Hi there elltell85
Sorry to hear of your loss!!!!! Unfortunately the same happened to me with my older transit a few weeks ago, the lowlifes robbed my van of its stereo, I pod and sat nav again using a skeleton key which horrifying are easily purchased from amazon for £20!!!! They robbed 8 transits in my local area in half an hour and the police didn't want to know. It's shocking how quickly they unlock and disable the alarm. It's a really serious problem which no one seems to be taking on board. I have just bought a 2016 ltd transit custom and it's really troubling me that it can be robbed or stolen so easily. I stupidly assumed ford would have overcome this issue on The newer vans but it saddens me they haven't tackled the problem at all. You'de think that the price of a new custom would include decent security. I actually called fords to see what they suggested I should do and was told spend your own money and get an alarm!!!!! I asked if they would contribute to this or maybe offset it slightly with possibly a discount on a service but again they said no! Cheers fords!!!!
It's a massive problem and for a mere £20 anyone's van can be robbed within seconds and silently!!!!!
jovin04

Return to Transit Custom