*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Tow bar with reverse sensors

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Tow bar with reverse sensors

Postby mufcpaul74 » Mon May 08, 2017 9:05 pm

Hi, I'm looking to have a tow bar installed on my custom, just wondering if there is a certain tow bar I need to have fitted due to parking sensors. Thanks in advance
Paul
mufcpaul74

Re: Tow bar with reverse sensors

Postby Wadey » Mon May 08, 2017 10:33 pm

Any of the tow bars made for a custom will fit none of them that iv seen cover the sensors
You will need the vehicle specific wiring though iv just had a witter removable one fitted to mine as I don't want it too look a builders van it's a very tidy set up. it's almost invisible if you don't have the hitch in
The wiring plugs into a cambus interface that's under the passenger plastic step cover
My mate who fitted it plugged in his programmer and updated something in the bcm so it disables the rear sensors when the socket is used , instead you get a picture of a trailer attached on the dash instead of the rear sensors in the display
Hope this helps
just follow the onscreen instructions and it's fairly idiot proof...trouble is, we keep producing better idiots
Wadey
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Return to Transit Custom