*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Wiring for LED flashers

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Wiring for LED flashers

Postby FORDSPORT170HP » Sat May 13, 2017 5:26 pm

Hi Guys

I'm new here and fell over this site and thought you might help me out in this situation. I searched the web every where to find answers, but I have'nt succeeded yet!

My problem is that I want to wire two LED flashers in the grill, but can't seem to find a way into the cabin from the engine room. Does anyone have experience in wiring from the engine romm into the cabin on this site. Or maybe have a picture / idea. And if so, where did you connect the whole damn thing? Cause I can't seem to find much use in the fusebox. (I have'nt found a fuse that could deliver power yet)
My car is 2017 Transit custom Sport

Thanks in advance! :-)

Ford Transit Custom Sport 2017 2,0 170 HP
FORDSPORT170HP

Re: Wiring for LED flashers

Postby cyton » Sun May 14, 2017 3:02 pm

There are three locations in the dash panel which have been identified for additional holes to route
wires through. See figure E145360 (view from engine bay) for locations. The number of suitable
locations will depend on the vehicle specification.The grommets in locations 1 and 2, shown in figure
E145360, are moulded directly to wire bundles in polyurethane foam material. It is not possible to
feed extra wires through with the wire bundle. The grommets have an 'indent' moulded into the
surface face, engine bay side, which show the positions where an additional hole can be made
using the following procedure:
• Check that the immediate surrounding area is free from obstructions and/or components to
prevent damage to critical systems.
• Use a suitable tool, for example: a drill or spike bit.
• Insert the drill or spike bit, horizontal and parallel, through the indent of the grommet ,
making sure not to extend further than 25mm through the grommet surface, this will help
eliminate any possible damage to items on the passenger side of the grommet.

Remember to put some silicon around your cable where it enters the grommet.

I need some more information, how do you want your flasher to operate. And which switch are you going to use?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cyton
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Re: Wiring for LED flashers

Postby S60r » Sun May 14, 2017 11:23 pm

Yes I went through the top right grommet as shown in the above post. From there a switch live is got from the customer acces point in the fuse box or behind the dash (12v socket) etc.
S60r
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Return to Transit Custom