*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Woeful security... discuss...

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Re: Woeful security... discuss...

Postby user774 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:06 pm

Mike wrote:Well this thread will certainly show Ford how seriously some owners take security.

Yep :/
user774
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby bigjohnthomas » Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:23 pm

It certainly will
Bloody Ford :x
bigjohnthomas
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby andythenorth » Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:35 pm

From the big blue oval, subject line "Facebook Footage - Breaking into a transit":

Ford Statement: “Ford takes vehicle security very seriously and we heavily invest in security solutions that are built into our vehicles to deter theft. Our security team routinely monitors and investigates new ways thieves are targeting our vehicles to maintain a high level of deterrence. We are constantly learning more about the latest techniques thieves are using to gain access to vehicles, and whether there are additional enhancements we can make in our vehicles.

“Specifically on ‘lock picks’ being used by thieves, this is an industry issue that Ford and all other manufacturers, and including the SMMT (Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders), have been working to address for some time. You can purchase lock picks and other tools for any manufacturer. The issue is exacerbated by a lack of legislation, enabling anybody (not just licensed locksmiths) to purchase these locksmith tools over the internet and other specific hardware outlets. Ford has taken a proactive approach to advance its lock barrel design and have developed an aftermarket solution to help prevent thefts of vehicles accessible with these ‘lock picks.’ Ford has launched its Trade Vehicle Locks* Vehicle Security Programme this year which has taken the initiative to deter vehicle thefts.”

Also note:
1. Ford Transit has been the market-leading product in the UK for 50 years and as such around one in four vans on the road is a Ford – hence why sometimes it seems we have a larger number of thefts.
2. As always, we recommend that customers take practical steps to deter break-in and theft, such as locking doors, closing windows, parking in well-lit places, and avoiding leaving valuables visible.

TL;DR on that: "Our Ford locks don't work, we don't want to admit it. If you don't like it go buy a Hykey. K, thx, bai. Love, Ford"

Meanwhile Armaplate is done. Makes the pliers attack harder.
IMG_3745.jpg

Also got a disklock. I think it's a chocolate teapot, but apparently it works as a visual deterrent :roll: You could drive around fine with it on, just hold the steering wheel behind it. But eh, there are billion crap threads about "disklocks: do they work?" on the internets.

Before the dislock I had a pushbike D-lock from the drivers door handle to the steering wheel, so the door can't be opened. They take 5 minutes to grind through, or need big shears (lost the keys once). Might have been a better idea, but I worry they'd just f*ck up the wheel or the door trying to get it open, leaving me on another repair with insurance excess.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
andythenorth
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby Altransit » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:27 pm

andythenorth wrote: Meanwhile Armaplate is done. Makes the pliers attack harder.

Is that fitted over the standard lock, or is it a Hykee :?:
1994 Mk4 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (R.I.P.)
1997 Mk5 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (Gone, but not forgotten!)
2004 Mk6 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.0 TDDi - Vantunered (Also gone)
2008 Mk7 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.2 TDCi - Also Vantunered
Altransit
Site Moderator

Postby andythenorth » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:55 am

Altransit wrote:Is that fitted over the standard lock, or is it a Hykee :?:

Over the standard lock. Hykee is ordered, but no stock for 3-6 weeks.

Plate is via Garrison, who were pretty helpful.

Hykee picks can be had online now, but nothing's unbreakable eh?
andythenorth
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby bigjohnthomas » Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:42 am

Exactly Allcock, hykee garrison and the allcock bumlock 10000 only maintain their security by their relative rarity
Once everyone's got one then every barbed penis bum bandit will be able to open one and pinch your gold

Nice chat
Bye :P
bigjohnthomas
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby user774 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:38 am

Y'see....

How can you expect Ford to take it seriously when a couple of people are intent on trolling this thread for the sake of cheap laughs in order to further blow their own trumpets with banter from the playground?

Perhaps a mod could delete the pointless comments from this thread please? Maybe you aren't bothered about your own security.... maybe you have an inflated opinion of yourselves, frankly I don't care, but this is my thread for a serious purpose. Please keep the playground out of it. There is a place for banter, but I'm attempting to gather info requested by Ford. How do you think they're going to look upon the issue with the crap like has been posted in this thread already?
user774
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby V184 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:33 pm

user774 wrote:Y'see....

How can you expect Ford to take it seriously when a couple of people are intent on trolling this thread for the sake of cheap laughs in order to further blow their own trumpets with banter from the playground?

Perhaps a mod could delete the pointless comments from this thread please? Maybe you aren't bothered about your own security.... maybe you have an inflated opinion of yourselves, frankly I don't care, but this is my thread for a serious purpose. Please keep the playground out of it. There is a place for banter, but I'm attempting to gather info requested by Ford. How do you think they're going to look upon the issue with the crap like has been posted in this thread already?

Have you not sent Ford's UK PR directors anything ? your first post was ten days ago :shock:
V184
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby user774 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:57 pm

V184 wrote:
user774 wrote:Y'see....

Have you not sent Ford's UK PR directors anything ? your first post was ten days ago :shock:

I've just done a quick count. 39 of the 83 posts in this thread are useless. So no, not yet. I'm waiting for some more intelligent comments....
user774
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby S60r » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:57 pm

I have several emails back and forth to Ford customer complaints. They just give the usual crap and I got nowhere. They won't do anything about it. The only way to get anywhere is to get it on watchdog or other media..... that'll stir them into action.

Bloody Ford.

:wink: :wink:
S60r
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Punto443 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:45 pm

Cleaned up at op request.
Your bullets cannot harm me, my wings are like a shield of steel

2018 Renault trafic
my old mk7
my old mk6
my xr3i
Punto443
Site Moderator

Postby BHM » Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:19 am

Groan

04:30 on my gated locked drive....had left a corner of a twenty sticking out in the footwell....£190 gone.

20170719_043018.jpg

20170719_043007.jpg

Bloody Ford

BHM
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BHM
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Mike » Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:33 am

BHM wrote:Groan

04:30 on my gated locked drive....had left a corner of a twenty sticking out in the footwell....£190 gone.

Bloody Ford

BHM

Ford you b*stards, fancy not fitting bulletproof glass so people can leave cash on view in their vans. :lol: Get those Hykee locks fitted chaps, then you can sleep soundly.....
Mike
Wind up merchant!

Postby ned » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:23 am

BHM wrote:Groan

20170719_043018.jpg

20170719_043007.jpg

Bloody Ford

BHM

If your going to keep cash in the van buy a small safe and bolt it somewhere out of sight. N
RUST IS LIGHTER THEN CARBON FIBRE

57 transit 85t260 2.2 swb, moondust silver.
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=209987

03 transit 125t280 2.0 tdci swb 229,000 miles.
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=168296
ned
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby BHM » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:38 am

Just about the first time I forgot to take it out...

Still £72.00 inc for new glass from Fraud....

fit it laters :)

BHM
BHM
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

PreviousNext

Return to Transit Custom