*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Woeful security... discuss...

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Re: Woeful security... discuss...

Postby Nederbelg » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:43 am

Hallo BHM,

I feel sorry for your loss :wink: but you can see the bright side off it: The window is replaceble without any collateral damage to the vehicle. Had they pried open the lock whith a screwdriver, this probably would have been an other story.

A non related question: which seatcovers do you have, they seem to be a very good fit!

Gr Nederbelg
Nederbelg
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Re: Woeful security... discuss...

Postby stehanson » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:27 pm

user774 wrote:Morning gentlemen.

My own van was nearly stolen recently, and several others from my street actually were (I got lucky)...
viewtopic.php?f=65&t=178619
so I did some research in to the subject and was disappointed by how easy it is to steal one.

I just so happened to fire a random tweet off to one of Ford's UK PR directors (not going to say who here so he doesn't get flooded by comments), about how easy it is to break into and steal a factory Custom.

He replied and asked for my contact details so he can get the executive office in touch. Which is nice.

So I thought I'd ask you all for your break in stories so I can direct them here to show how widespread the issue is.

Andy.

Andy,

If your on facebook join the van and tool theft group ( https://www.facebook.com/groups/27316223346467/)

As its a dedicated grouo with 8k + members you will find useful info and a lot of posts on transit custom security issues - you could even post your query there.

Hope this helps!
stehanson
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Previous

Return to Transit Custom