*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Rattle clutch/flywheel

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Rattle clutch/flywheel

Postby Boomhauer » Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:14 pm

Hello everybody,

I'm new here but it seems there's a lot of experience here on this forum about the transit.

I've bought last year in January a 2016 euro 5 ford transit custom with 155hp engine.
I now have it for 36000km but there is one thing that is wrong with it. When u set of, sometimes the clutch or flywheel rattles. In the beginning, it was sometimes but it becomes more and more frequent. Also when I go of the accelerator to shift to 2nd gear, it squeaks for a very short time.

I'm suspecting that the flywheel is giving me troubles...

Offcourse the dealer says everything is fine but it becomes difficult to drive, especially in mountain areas where it's very difficult to take of on a hill. It judders and shakes while doing it...

Does anyone recognise these problems?
Boomhauer
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: Rattle clutch/flywheel

Postby S60r » Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:13 pm

Oh yes I recognise those problems! Had it on 2 Galaxy's and the Transit is not much better.... the DMF is terrible & the Ford clutch... so yes I would say DMF and the clutch as one has to be changed with the other.

Welcome along BTW. :D
S60r
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Re: Rattle clutch/flywheel

Postby Boomhauer » Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:56 pm

Thank you! I'm going back tomorrow to try to explain it but you know... They act like I can't drive. Very annoying.

It's my first van but not the first time I've driven a manual gearbox...

I'm starting to think to get rid of this ford, it doesn't give me much trust... I only drive long motorway pieces so they don't have to say I've abused it in town. I only carry around dirt bikes once and a while so it's not overloaded. Never even used the towbar...
Boomhauer
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Return to Transit Custom