*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Parking sensor faulty

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Parking sensor faulty

Postby S60r » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:31 am

Morning all,

Its permanently firing. Its driving me mad.(Just one of the fronts).... Is it worth pulling it out cleaning contacts etc or just order another and refit?

I have warranty but I need the van and Ford won't look at any warranty issue unless I book it in, they plug it in, scratch their head for a few hours, ask Ford UK if its ok to replace parts, put them on order and rebook the van in for another wasted bloody day.

Infuriating the way they work!

I'd just rather do it myself so are they known for going faulty?
S60r
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Re: Parking sensor faulty

Postby loot » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:13 pm

I got 2 for mine off eBay (frontal crash so missing) 2 minutes to plug them in :-)
I'm fairly certain that they have that resin stuff in the back so apart from unplug replug the connector and tapping the sensor I'm not sure what you could do.

I think Any Ford 1 works but make sure whether you need angled or straight connection you'll see just look at your 1 and get part number if possible
:-)
56 350 2.2 130ps mk7 with 2 side doors 8)
65 290 2.2 125ps custom with 2 side doors 8)
07 350 170ps
Ids v86 licence + v86.04 update + xprog here
Ids map here
loot
Site Moderator

Postby S60r » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:54 pm

Thanks Loot. :)
S60r
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Seamonkey » Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:03 am

Did you get this resolved?
Mine started doing exactly this yesterday.
At first it was one of the front sensors (middle left one) that kept detecting (red). That was after washing the car.
Now all of the front sensors seem to detect collision at random.
But to be honest, all the cars I ever owned had this problem once in a while. Usually after a few years.
I'll take it to the dealer next week, cause there's an issue with the door as well.
When all my doors are fully closed and I lock the van, the horn sounds as if one of the doors is open. Seems to be coming from the driver's side door (LHD)
Very annoying for the neighbours when you arrive at 1am. (now)
Seamonkey
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby khould » Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:41 am

same problem here too, since a ford dealer fitted a towbar I have an itermittent fault on one of the rear parking sensors. Service due in September so they can look at it then
Kev
khould
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby sparker000 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:01 pm

When all my doors are fully closed and I lock the van, the horn sounds as if one of the doors is open. Seems to be coming from the driver's side door (LHD)
Very annoying for the neighbours when you arrive at 1am. (now)[/quote]

I had this issue with the passenger door (RHD) and with the driver side sliding door on my Tourneo. On both, I simply pushed the door switch in and let it flick out again a few times. Never had any trouble again. From what I remember the door wasn't locking when the horn sounded, so check. Also it would suddenly show the door as being open on the display when driving along, I had to stop and turn the van off and then restart to clear it.
As I say a simple fix for mine but maybe you would prefer Ford to look at it. Just make sure it is locking.
sparker000
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby S60r » Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:50 pm

I couldn't find the door switch for love nor money! Thought I was going mad until I realised I didn't have one! The bloody thing had disintegrated and I was just left with a black plastic nub. The entire switch was gone and I was getting random door open errors and beeps when locking. I replaced the switch and all sorted for 16 quid. DIY as ford warranty is shite.

The parking sensor stopped firing for 2 days last week and its back with a vengeance today.... it did rain yesterday so I'm guessing there must be water ingress in either the sensor or the control module.... its the front middle left as well.
S60r
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby BHM » Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:07 pm

S60r wrote:I couldn't find the door switch for love nor money! Thought I was going mad until I realised I didn't have one! The bloody thing had disintegrated and I was just left with a black plastic nub. The entire switch was gone and I was getting random door open errors and beeps when locking. I replaced the switch and all sorted for 16 quid. DIY as ford warranty is shite.

The parking sensor stopped firing for 2 days last week and its back with a vengeance today.... it did rain yesterday so I'm guessing there must be water ingress in either the sensor or the control module.... its the front middle left as well.

I have a rear that's playing-up, the paint is damaged and water is getting on the surface of the signal emitter.

Bought a spare from Frauds for about £35 squids. Yet to fit.....................

BHM
BHM
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Return to Transit Custom