*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Remap void warranty / Ford service? or not

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Remap void warranty / Ford service? or not

Postby Kennyb » Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:36 pm

My wellhouse leisure converted campervan is due its 2 yr service it's on 22,600 miles with 125 bhp engine,and whilst at a motorhome show I had a removable tuning box(torquing diesel) fitted, it apparently fools the ecm unit ( total +hit waste of good money £240.so again at one of the shows bit the bullet and had it remapped by quantum tuning but this time they went into the ecm box so I assume voiding the warranty, but what a difference outstanding,the guy recommended not outright performance so we settled for the mid range remap giving 168 bhp and plenty of torque which is great when towing no need for unnecessary gear changes for overtaking/ hills etc (heaven) question is if the warranty is void do I still have to have Ford to do the service quoted £251.or get my neighbour,s son Vauxhall commercial trained mechanic to do the work ,any advice welcome thanks
Kennyb
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: Remap void warranty / Ford service? or not

Postby ake » Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:49 pm

Kennyb wrote:My wellhouse leisure converted campervan is due its 2 yr service it's on 22,600 miles with 125 bhp engine,and whilst at a motorhome show I had a removable tuning box(torquing diesel) fitted, it apparently fools the ecm unit ( total +hit waste of good money £240.so again at one of the shows bit the bullet and had it remapped by quantum tuning but this time they went into the ecm box so I assume voiding the warranty, but what a difference outstanding,the guy recommended not outright performance so we settled for the mid range remap giving 168 bhp and plenty of torque which is great when towing no need for unnecessary gear changes for overtaking/ hills etc (heaven) question is if the warranty is void do I still have to have Ford to do the service quoted £251.or get my neighbour,s son Vauxhall commercial trained mechanic to do the work ,any advice welcome thanks

The warranty would only be void if they could prove that the failure was as a result of the remap.
Get it serviced at Ford to maintain the warranty. I have had a number of out of warranty claims paid by Ford because they have had full Ford service historys
Ford Transit Custom 280S Trend 105ps
Does this train stop on Merseyside?
ake
Site Moderator

Re: Remap void warranty / Ford service? or not

Postby Kennyb » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:34 pm

Thanks ake will bite the bullet and let Ford do it
Kennyb
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Return to Transit Custom