*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Alarm randomly goes off.

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Alarm randomly goes off.

Postby Ani » Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:43 am

I'm having a problem with my Tourneo custom 2.2 15plate. I've not long bought it and I have just sent it to ford to have its service as it's under warranty. I mentioned about my alarm going off and they couldn't find a fault. I love the van but am getting fed up with being woken up once a night sporadically and it happens when I park up late afternoon.

I've tried taking it on a long drive in case it's a low battery, if anyone has an ideas I would really appreciate it.
Ani

Re: Alarm randomly goes off.

Postby sparker000 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:46 pm

I have had the odd fault with door switches on my Tourneo. Tells me a door in open when it is not. Also this sometimes caused the the door to stay locked and the alarm beep when trying to lock the vehicle.

It could be one of the door or bonnet switches my be playing up and triggering your alarm. It wouldn't be recorded as a fault.

It was a simple case for me to flick the door switch on the sliding door that was playing up and it never happened again. The same trick worked on the passenger front door.

I really don't know if this is your problem and I have not read of this problem with the alarm on this site, but it has got to be worth a play about with all the door switches you can find.

Some are not obvious, the sliding doors switch that I had the problem with for example, are on the body of the door opening to the rear of the vehicle about half way up. All I did was push them in and let them flick back a few times and it freed or cleaned the contacts. Try this with all the switches you can find and see if it makes any difference.
sparker000
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby moley551 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:42 pm

Can you disable the ultrasonic sensor, I get a message to disable sensors when you turn off the ignition (LTD van) that would help trace the fault.
"Don't find fault, find a remedy"
H. Ford
moley551
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby BHM » Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:02 am

I believe that when you turn the ignition off a choice message pops up on the display. I have disabled mine at that point.
Not sure if you have to do it each time you switch off though. I did it when I had dogs in back, as I have no bulkhead in place.

BHM
BHM
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Ani » Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:00 am

When I turn the key off I have no info on the dash about settings. I've noticed when I'm driving the bonnet open info comes on. I think it's this sensor. Will try ford again to ask. Thanks everyone
Ani

Return to Transit Custom