*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Lane keeping system

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Lane keeping system

Postby Bulldogboy » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:27 pm

Hi guys, have an amber info light transit custom limited,says lane keeping system malfunction service required,? Are there any sevicable parts on the system? Out of warranty so wont have to go to fraud thank god.
Bulldogboy
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: Lane keeping system

Postby sparker000 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:33 pm

Don't know much but the Lane keeping uses a camera in front of the mirror. It can show a fault if the windscreen is dirty or has a bug splat. Make sure it isn't that simple. Otherwise I guess the camera could be faulty but really it would be best to see if it has a fault code.
sparker000
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Bulldogboy » Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:54 am

Thanks for the reply,just driven to work after heavy rain and malfunction light hasnt come on,maybe its washed in front of camera? Have to get it looked at if it returns! Fingers crossed :)
Bulldogboy
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby blue estate » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:17 am

Bulldogboy wrote:Thanks for the reply,just driven to work after heavy rain and malfunction light hasnt come on,maybe its washed in front of camera? Have to get it looked at if it returns! Fingers crossed :)

Can't you deactivate it with a switch ?
I drive a merc Actros and I can turn it off also I used to drive a MAN and could do the same
72plt MG 5 ev estate Battery car
blue estate
Remapped by Vantuner

Postby sparker000 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:52 pm

blue estate wrote:
Bulldogboy wrote:Thanks for the reply,just driven to work after heavy rain and malfunction light hasnt come on,maybe its washed in front of camera? Have to get it looked at if it returns! Fingers crossed :)

Can't you deactivate it with a switch ?
I drive a merc Actros and I can turn it off also I used to drive a MAN and could do the same

Yes it can be switch on and off easily. When off it displays orange warning light with a lane detection symbol.
sparker000
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Bulldogboy » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:42 pm

yes it can be switched off by left hand controls and you get the amber deactived symbol to show its switched off but I had the information light, light up amber and say "lane keeping system malfunction, service required" , but as I said since heavy rain, it hasn't come on again! must of been a bug or smear that got washed off, nice cheap fix!!
Bulldogboy
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby bigjohnthomas » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:42 am

So it was Sabotage eh?
Bloody insects :x
bigjohnthomas
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Return to Transit Custom