*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

overheating car stereo / display custom sport

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

overheating car stereo / display custom sport

Postby sladeyboy1 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:30 pm

May have a unusual problem here as I contacted Ford and they had never heard of it. A couple of weeks ago in the hot weather at the end of every day my display above my stereo would not come on. After about a minute and pressing the on button on the stereo a number of times the stereo and display came on. It was very hot in my van and did put this down to everything being hot. It done this about 4 days in a row. On the 5th day it done it again yet this time after a while it came up with something along the lines of OVERHEATING COOLING DOWN. I'm not 100% it said exactly this as it was only on the screen for a couple of seconds.

Now my stereo or display will not work. The air bag light on the stereo is on but thats it. The display is not on at all and does not come on even when reversing for the reversing sensors.

When I spoke to Ford over the phone they said it sounds like a new head unit. Just wondered if anyone else has had this problem or would now how to check what it is that has malfunctioned.

thanks
sladeyboy1
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Re: overheating car stereo / display custom sport

Postby Mike » Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:48 pm

There should be ventilation pipes feeding cool air to it, maybe they're missing or blocked?
Mike
Wind up merchant!

Postby dan_robinson » Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:56 pm

Mine's done this a few times over the years. Usually fine once the air con has been on a minute or two.

Bloody ford.
dan_robinson
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby sladeyboy1 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:41 am

It done it a few times in the week and after a while came back on. But by Friday it went off and hasn't come back on again and its now been about 3 weeks. Any advise would be helpful
sladeyboy1
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Return to Transit Custom