*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

DPF issue

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Re: DPF issue

Postby bigjohnthomas » Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:48 pm

Outlaws hu
bigjohnthomas
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby paul2012 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:59 pm

To check weather DPF, EGR valves are are functioning or not. By using a suitable device via DLC than can read & record vehicles current live data.
I myself can check DPF's EGR's functionality in less than 5 mins It's that simple. :idea:
Combine that with a visual check. For example egr blanking plates etc. It's a no brainer.

Although Euro 6 & late Euro 5 engines do have the facilty for emissions (Including NOx) to be checked via DLC
- One of the reasons why MOT rules regarding diesel emission are do to be changed later this year.

Get caught with missing or blanked of EGR's or DPF deletes. Then you'll be given 10 days to have fault rectified. DVSA will give you a ticket.
Of which then you'll have to provide to Dealership/independent garage for them to repair the fault & then inspect to verify repair has been carried out.

SO just for a simple EGR blanking plate that you remove yourself at no cost. Only to have to shell out £££ to have vehicle inspected to verify defect has been repaired/corrected :oops:

You must then provide DVSA paperwork of completed repair & inspection. Failure to do so will result in a fine upto £5K & your vehicle prohibited from being used on the road.
Due to being NOT roadworthy under Construction of Use regs. - We all no how DVSA prohibited vehicles from being used on the road. They seize then crush them :(

Point is. I politely informed this forum nearly 2 years ago that 2017 would be the year when rules would be changed/added regarding DPF /EGR deletes. People said then "it would never happen", Can't be enforced" etc.
Fact is. It's going ahead as planned. Even today people are still saying it will never happen.

This is just the start. Below is what's coming
NEXT
Government has orderd 5 cities to have CCAZ (Charging clean Air Zones) implement by 2019.
They are as follows - Birmingham, Leeds, Nottingham, Derby & Southampton.
Other cities will have CCAZ final plans by 2018.

Zone Class & emission standards are below.

ca1.jpg

Road Tax for Diesels to be increased in Autumn Budget.

2017 Consultation for Alternatively fuelled light commercials (Vans) - Elec or Hydrogen powered.

Consult.jpg

Look like Diesel engine vans are rapidly reaching the end of the line.

Don't shoot the messenger. I'm here to help & advise 8) :wink:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2007 Ford Mondeo mk4 1.8 TDCI -RETROFIT IN PROGRESS
2009 Jaguar X-Type 2.0D
2010 Vauxhall Insignia- RETROFIT IN PROGRESS

IDS & GM GDS2 services

SUBSCRIBE http://www.youtube.com/@PaulsTechChannel
paul2012
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby slikt » Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:18 pm

Thanks guys, I'm going to get a second opinion as I think the bloke is pulling my pants down, as said it could just be the sensors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
slikt
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby S60r » Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:54 am

Good info indeed, you obviously are very abreast of this issue. It still remains a personal choice though.........there are thousands of vehicles out there with deletes. Interestingly almost all Land Rover Discoverys of a certain age have the EGR removed as they are very problematic. It can even be advised and carried out at the dealer so I guess this will be stopping.

As for tax for diesels rising, that will be on new vehicles the rest will be just a general rise along with all other categories. I hate diesel personally, and would have bought a petrol van if one were available.

I'm not shooting the messenger, I'm glad to have read through your info, but it will deter very few who want to take this course. Yes it would be wise to do it in a way that can be easily reversed and keep all parts, but until they start closing MOT stations that are "sympathetic" to these mods or make it illegal to perform a remap or a delete or removal of these devices then nothing will change.
S60r
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby bigjohnthomas » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:14 am

Personal choice ? That's like saying shagging dead rats is matter of personal choice
Its necrophilia dude
You and your dodgy mot sympathisers and going down long time when the feds hear about this
bigjohnthomas
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby slikt » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:55 am

Where would people recommend I take the van to have these sensors tested/replaced, as my local garage won't touch them and I'd rather not pay frauds prices? I'm based in Hertfordshire.

slikt
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby ake » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:34 pm

slikt wrote:Where would people recommend I take the van to have these sensors tested/replaced, as my local garage won't touch them and I'd rather not pay frauds prices? I'm based in Hertfordshire.

Long term it'll be cheaper at a franchised Ford dealer
Ford Transit Custom 280S Trend 105ps
Does this train stop on Merseyside?
ake
Site Moderator

Previous

Return to Transit Custom