*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Is this a record

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Is this a record

Postby daveyp » Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:26 pm

Hi guys
So today i became the proud owner of a Transit custom ? ,
after several years of saisfying but fragile ownership of a 57 plate transit i upgraded to brand new custom limited DICV .
colleced to day with just 20 miles on the clock ,drove home to pick up the good lady to show her the new van
just 10 miles later were sat in a layby with engine check light on and in limp mode , The joys of owning a transit ?
So is this a record or has any one had a shorter maiden first ride ? :cry:
daveyp
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: Is this a record

Postby dan_robinson » Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:58 pm

Bloody Ford
dan_robinson
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby daveyp » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:38 pm

Quick up date
so 1st thing sat outside dealers to try and get sorted to be fair they were fantastic at the workshop
got van hooked up on test , it appears to have had a flat battery and logged as a fault ,
all systems checked out got van back by midd morning and appears to be ok up to now
looking forward to enjoying my new toy
daveyp
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby daveyp » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:38 pm

It gets worse !
so an update to the above , we managed 5 days without a problem ,just starting to trust the new van.
Then onthe way home thurs night dash lights up like a christmas tree & limp home kicks in
message on dash - Add blue system NO ENGINE START in 490 miles ( its only done 130 ) .
Back to main dealers , D T C s all point to a faulty knock sensor which are on back order LOL
Dealers have given me a demo van to use in the mean time but that isnt makeing me feel any better.
Decideing weather to give it another chance or reject it and start again
daveyp
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby S60r » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:23 am

Sorry to hear of your problems.

I would reject it saying it's your livelihood and you have lost confidence blah blah..... if it doesn't actually get taken back and a new van supplied it will certainly light a fire underneath them.... a win either way for you.

Good luck with it.
S60r
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Return to Transit Custom