*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Heavy vibration

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Heavy vibration

Postby DoubleT » Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:32 pm

Hi guys im new to this forum or any forums so please be gentle.Ive got a 2015 ford transit custom 2.2 lwb and recently when im reaching speeds of between 50_60 mph theres a really bad vibration which feels like its coming from the front.Ive had the wheels balanced so its not that.I can also notice it on lower speeds but vibration not so bad.please help.
DoubleT

Re: Heavy vibration

Postby S60r » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:39 pm

If the wheels are balanced and not buckled and the tyre pressures are correct and there is no damage or irregular wear to the tyre then you may be looking at a crap tyre.... best way to check this is front to back your wheels and see if this alters things.... be careful of the fitment if your tyres are directional keeping them running in the correct way.

If front to backing the wheels changes nothing and the wheels are seated and torqued to spec then you may be looking at alignment or a hardware issue. This could be bushes, wishbones, anti roll bar, drop links or many other components so my first port of call would be the the wheels/tyres as if you can rule them out you can then work your way through the suspension hardware.
S60r
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Playminiii » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:12 pm

Check CV joints my earlier ones never suffered with it neither have my newer ones but both 2015 ones had vibrations on the front which turned out to be CV joints/driveshafts no idea why it was only on those two and having gone through 12 customs no it's still a mistery. But have a look or get your garage to.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Transit Tourneo 140ps Goes like the Wind and still returns 34.2mpg pure magic!!!! But at 450k its starting get Tired!!!!
NEW Custom Titanium lwb 125 with leather they don't build them like they used too.... FACT
Playminiii
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby nickc1234 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:23 pm

Did you manage to sort this? mine is doing the same but garage is saying its the dual mass flywheel? but surely a DMF is not speed dependant?
nickc1234

Postby tilly » Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:45 am

Ive a heavy vibration, but I suspect mines the DMF. My vibration is rev dependent, rather than load or speed. At 250k miles, on the original clutch, Im not complaining.

As you drive along, if you stick it in neutral, does the vibration stop ? Whilst in neutral, still coasting, rev the engine, does the vibration come back ?
Mk7, FWD 110ps GLX in Silver 2007
tilly
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Return to Transit Custom