*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

etis security update

The all new 2013 Transit Custom Forum. Transits and Tourneos 2013+

Re: etis security update

Postby hitech-donk » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:51 pm

I am sure I read somewhere about issues regarding charging/jumping the batteries from the point under the bonnet hence the broken window comment. But sure, I would try the jump start first. Not keen to try draining them just to check. If it's a key fob that's flat I'll either get a new battery or use the spare key.
hitech-donk
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby S60r » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:56 am

No spare key fob Yasser??? Changing a fob battery beyond you?? Seriously Yasser.... that's a terrible post and one that you have posted to be a deliberate PITA. Ridiculous post. :lol:

You can't charge a battery from the jump point but you can run enough juice into a dead battery from there to get the doors to open on the remote. Handy that Ford have put a key on the bonnet to allow acces when the battery is dead.

I have the single battery option and haven't had an isssue as yet, but fully expect the woeful Ford battery to die at some point. When it does, warranty or not I will exchange it for a decent make and ditch it.

I might start keeping my jump pack in the engine bay after reading through this thread though!!! Just realised that if the battery is dead then it's no good under the passenger seat! :roll:

I digress.....

So removing the door lock as discussed is a viable option without having to break glass.
S60r
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby bigjohnthomas » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:04 am

Now then , now then
As documented several times on the forum alien activity can stop your key fob from working
No point changing the battery because those f*** will sap them dry to power anal probs n sh*t like that
bigjohnthomas
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby yasser » Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:21 am

S60r wrote:No spare key fob Yasser??? Changing a fob battery beyond you?? Seriously Yasser.... that's a terrible post and one that you have posted to be a deliberate PITA. Ridiculous post. :lol:

You can't charge a battery from the jump point but you can run enough juice into a dead battery from there to get the doors to open on the remote. Handy that Ford have put a key on the bonnet to allow acces when the battery is dead.

I have the single battery option and haven't had an isssue as yet, but fully expect the woeful Ford battery to die at some point. When it does, warranty or not I will exchange it for a decent make and ditch it.

I might start keeping my jump pack in the engine bay after reading through this thread though!!! Just realised that if the battery is dead then it's no good under the passenger seat! :roll:

I digress.....

So removing the door lock as discussed is a viable option without having to break glass.

oh yes, i can do that and yes there is a spare key fob but sometimes and usually when you're 100 miles from home and the fob stops working(and i dont mean flat battery). https://fordtransit.org/forum/viewtopic ... ot+working. What are you going to do then?

No matter how hard you try and think of a solution there is nearly always a down side. Blanking off the door is a solution but it does create its own downside.
310 DCiV L2 Limited 155
yasser
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby andythenorth » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:23 am

S60r wrote:Mine is dciv and when the alarm sounds it is the horn not a beep! I'm not sure yours is functioning properly either way as the alarm sounds even if you have unlocked the van by the key. I would get yours looked at as something isn't right.

I tested it, armed the alarm with a window open, stuck my arm in, alarm goes 'wee wah wee wah' and is loud as f*ck.

So that works, but something's not right with it when unlocked with the key. Trust Ford eh? :twisted:
andythenorth
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby bigjohnthomas » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:46 am

That doesn't sound right :?
Mine goes whooop whoooop loud as fook
bigjohnthomas
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby loot » Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:22 pm

Mines wee waa wee waa :-)
Maybe they have regional accents?, :shock:
56 350 2.2 130ps mk7 with 2 side doors 8)
65 290 2.2 125ps custom with 2 side doors 8)
07 350 170ps
Ids v86 licence + v86.04 update + xprog here
Ids map here
loot
Site Moderator

Postby Flatfour1 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:20 pm

Our 66 plate Euro 5 had its first service today and whilst in at the dealers they carried out this software update. Can only be a good thing.

http://www.parkers.co.uk/vans/news-and- ... ty-update/
Flatfour1
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Previous

Return to Transit Custom